Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK people I have a weird problem with my 93 Sentra SE 1.6L, that I’ve been trying to figure out. I’ve searched three different Nissan Boards and all through the FSM and can’t come up with an answer.

When I let off the pedal and the car decelerates between 50 to 45 mph the tach bounces between 1.5k and 2k rpm.

Another words as the car is coming down in speed with the foot off the gas, as the car reaches 50mph the tach will bounce from 1500 to 2000 rpm and keep doing this bounce until the car reaches 45 mph. The tach will usually bounce about two to three times until it reaches 45 mph then acts normal again.

I got an the tollway yesterday and let the car decelerate from 55, 60, 70 and 80mph down to 40 mph each time. And every time when the cars speed got to 50 the tach bounce started and stopped at 45mph. Frickin Weird!

Anybody got any ideas – cause I’m at my wits end
Thanks

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Could be an IACV problem. I know when my IACV was going out, it would randomly idle up to around 2000rpms when stopped. Yours could just be messing up on deceleration.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be an IACV problem. I know when my IACV was going out, it would randomly idle up to around 2000rpms when stopped. Yours could just be messing up on deceleration.
Are you referring to the IAVC-ACC Valve or the IAVC- Air Regulator?

I’ve checked out the –ACC Valve (cleaned, Ohmed - all according to FSM) checked good.
I haven’t touched the – Air Regulator yet.

Can these Reglators be cleaned?

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Oh... I forgot the 1st generation GA16DE has a different IACV setup than the 2nd generation. I would say clean both of them, if you can. You might also try getting a spare one from a junkyard and testing it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts