Nissan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coolant is leaking from a weephole behind and under the timing belt tensioner. Replaced the waterpump put it all back together and it wasn't fixed. Has anyone else came across this?

Image: pen in pointing to the weephole
Stud above with washers and nut is the timing belt tensioner

Can't find any videos 馃槙please help

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the VG guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's supposed to be a hole there. That looks like a corroded oil pump.
View attachment 9610
View attachment 9611
Thanks for the reply,
The weephole is on the block not the oil pump though... so that diagram shows the oil pump but not what's behind it.
What it's bolted to has the hole in it.
Thanks again

Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
Thanks for the reply,
The weephole is on the block not the oil pump though... so that diagram shows the oil pump but not what's behind it.
What it's bolted to has the hole in it.
Thanks again
From what I understand
Coolant is leaking from a weephole behind and under the timing belt tensioner. Replaced the waterpump put it all back together and it wasn't fixed. Has anyone else came across this?

Image: pen in pointing to the weephole
Stud above with washers and nut is the timing belt tensioner

Can't find any videos 馃槙please help
From what I've been told , this hole leads to the weep hole on the pump. The hole is between two seals that separate the oil on one side and the coolant on the other. If the outer O-ring fails, it will leak coolant into the front cover area that is connected to the oil sump.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I understand

From what I've been told , this hole leads to the weep hole on the pump. The hole is between two seals that separate the oil on one side and the coolant on the other. If the outer O-ring fails, it will leak coolant into the front cover area that is connected to the oil sump.
Oh than God it's not a corroded block I was about to throw in the towel haha. Thanks so much man do the O ring is on the oil pump? So if I replace the gaskets and O ring I should be good, now I just have to figure out how to get the oil pump off. I've got all the bolts out I just can't get it to come off the oil pan. Any ideas?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forsure thanks again!
Oh than God it's not a corroded block I was about to throw in the towel haha. Thanks so much man do the O ring is on the oil pump? So if I replace the gaskets and O ring I should be good, now I just have to figure out how to get the oil pump off. I've got all the bolts out I just can't get it to come off the oil pan. Any ideas?
Or where abouts would I find this outer O ring? Appreciate yas

Both O rings are part of the water pump, NOT the oil pump.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm I'm idiot and didn't put an o ring in when i replaced the waterpump but I don't know exactly where it goes. I figured is was for another style vehicle but that is probably exactly what the problem is. 馃槄

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's bizarre, I didn't recall any o-rings on the oil or water pump and the parts drawings don't show any, just gaskets.
?? :unsure:
Yeah when i installed it, it appeared to have no place for an o ring. Idk Im going to take the water pump back off and see if I can find where the (about a 3/4") o ring if I recall goes. 馃 yeah man Im Stumped too. Had to replace the knock sensor so I made replacments along the way. Been at it for a bit, closing the gap it seems but yet again feels like no end I sight lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm I'm idiot and didn't put an o ring in when i replaced the waterpump but I don't know exactly where it goes. I figured is was for another style vehicle but that is probably exactly what the problem is. 馃槄
Actually I checked my parts and the original was for the valve cover not the water pump. So yeah I'm still confused 馃槙
I've got the crankshaft seal kit maybe that's what I need to replace (picture) crankshaft seal came with it I just used it out of the kit already

Attachments

The O ring info was from another user on a different web site. The user insisted there were two O rings, so go figure. The OP didn't specify what engine this was. Yes, I do see from your attachment that there's no O rings.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts