Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a stock std ( at this stage ) 84 pulsar e1300 n12

i have picked up a weber 32/36 dagv ( water chock )

have read all the how to it posts , and seem happliy with what to do

my questions are

the workshop that i wanted to rebuild the carb ( yes it is a carb specilast workshop ) says that i should not use this model as the engine faces the wrong way ie should be north south not east west , something about the float bowl etc

and that the venturie ? are too big as its for a 2000cc

can some one put any light on this , and also what jets are people running

will fitting a fuel reg help/solve the worry of the float bowl

thanks for taking the time to read my first post

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi i have a stock std ( at this stage ) 84 pulsar e1300 n12

i have picked up a weber 32/36 dagv ( water chock )

have read all the how to it posts , and seem happliy with what to do

my questions are

the workshop that i wanted to rebuild the carb ( yes it is a carb specilast workshop ) says that i should not use this model as the engine faces the wrong way ie should be north south not east west , something about the float bowl etc

and that the venturie ? are too big as its for a 2000cc

can some one put any light on this , and also what jets are people running

will fitting a fuel reg help/solve the worry of the float bowl

thanks for taking the time to read my first post
For the 1.3 L, the carb may have to large settings. So, a rejet should be done.

I have a Weber 32/36 DGEV on my E16 with just the original settings out of box. It runs great after you do all the needed procedures. And yes, I have the carb set up with the linkage vertical to the driver's side. So, it is a failmatic so i need the kickdown hookup. Runs great, however during hard lefts or rights, it will stall out. (No throttle nursing)

This is most likely due (as far I can understand) to the mechanical fuel pump.
The Weber love a steady flow of fuel into the bowl at all times (usually below 4psi, apparently 2-3psi is best). A mechanical pump obviously can not supply as well during slow down, and causing the fuel bowl to slosh around. This most likely creates a small air bubble that then creates the stall out.

During sudden hard braking, sudden acceleration, and slight turns, etc, the Weber with my mech. pump performs wonderful, however.

To remedy this I will be putting a Low pressure, high flow electrical pump once summer rolls around to so if this will solve the problem with the bowl.
As when the carb is in the north south, the bowl most likely stays flooded enough during hard turns to not create this problem. On a east-west, I bet the float bowl design makes it VERY suppressible to this issue.

What I can recommend is find out what the original Hitachi carb specs were and emulate them as best as possible on the Weber.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for that

i know i have worked out what he was saying , with your help

i have had another phone conversation with him and it appears the the shape of the bowl is the concern , he has recomended a datr or dmtr 32 for the 1300 cc and the 34 for the 1500 cc

these are off a fiat x19

the bowl is shaped like the letter C and the chokes are in the centre

i have locate one and will buy when funds avalible

will post more when i have done the swap

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts