Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· ex-Super *********
1,704 Posts
ScarCrow28 said:
I'd really really like to work on my car but i'm hesistant do to the fear that, living in Maine, most of the parts on my car look "salted" this includes a great number of bolts on the car. My header looks like its being held on by little spots of rust (bolts). they are almost not even there as far as being able to grip them.

just a simple task of relieving the slack on the throttle cables provided more work then i thought. the nuts wouldn't move, lots of corrosion or salt. after brushing vigorisly with a wire brush, i finally moved them. Also the nuts are as far as they can go but there is still some slack on the cable. Before i could push down almost an inch. the Cruse cable is still more slacked then the pedal cable, but fighting with those bolts left me rounding the threads in the bracket. they won't move any more.

i think i'm complaining more then anything, but if anyone knows any tricks do tell.

P.S. what the hell is that sensor thingy in the middle of the header? i'm thinking about replacing the O2 sensor due to gas mileage problems, it that it?
I live in NH so I feel your pain...I am about to get some really nice stuff for my car and was wondering aobut what to do for winter.. I guess for me its all about how much work I want to do. I am a tech so it looks like Ill be swapping all of the "nice" things every fall and spring. Of course some things may prove to be too much of a hassle, like say a tubo kit... I have no problem swapping suspension, wheels,exh, and brakes. But man I think I would be too lazy to swap a turbo kit.. Oh well the sacrifices we make.

· ex-Super *********
1,704 Posts
ScarCrow28 said:
you know my heat shield looks a lot like that. and the engine is slightly better. the ahhh. oh geeze, brain fart. the Nissan 16 valve spark plugs go into thingy isn't as corrosive looking.
Just to let ya know that "thingy" is the Valve Cover, you may see it shortened to VC here on the boards :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.