Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mike young went with the Hyper Intake before PR CAI, i dont have the money for CAI so i looked into Weapon R and i went backwards and got exhaust before intake and when it hits 3000 rpms my engine sounds too high pitched and i wanted a deep performance tone at 4500 or 5000 rpms. hopefully mike young can give me opinion on the Hyper Intake

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got my Weapon R intake for like $70 (I think) used from 1CLNB14 like a long ass time ago. I didn't want the filter anyways, but just for the piping. I would rather go for a JWT POP charger anyways, its pretty much test proven and I think its CARB legal, a big plus if you live in California.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Blu200SX said:
mike young went with the Hyper Intake before PR CAI, i dont have the money for CAI so i looked into Weapon R and i went backwards and got exhaust before intake and when it hits 3000 rpms my engine sounds too high pitched and i wanted a deep performance tone at 4500 or 5000 rpms. hopefully mike young can give me opinion on the Hyper Intake
man that's ancient history.... back then there wasn't much to chose from... as soon as Place Racing came out with the 1.6 I was on it..actually I've had all three, WR, PR & HS... The HS makes a little more power than the PR because of the step down in size of the "a" pipe... I believe PR is now changing their 1.6 cai to this same type configuration...

You know I think you can buy just the "A" pipe from HS or PR now... if money is a problem...then go back later and buy the down "b" pipe when you can... You will never be able to go CAI with the Weapon R.... I would do that if I were in your shoes..

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know you cant go CAI with weapon-r...even that cold airbox thing they advertise is still a joke....i heard that they sound nice so i looked into it and a couple others that had hyper intake said it was good so i was just curious

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Blu200SX said:
i know you cant go CAI with weapon-r...even that cold airbox thing they advertise is still a joke....i heard that they sound nice so i looked into it and a couple others that had hyper intake said it was good so i was just curious
yeah a warm air intake is a warm air intake... my point was you can buy the same setup for about the same price for the upper part (maf adaptor, pipe and filter)and go back later and buy the lower pipe... that way you have the option of going cai later... with the WR , you won't have that option later....

if all you want is a warm air intake then yeah it's fine... but it would be nice to leave yourself an option..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Buying a Weapon R is like shooting yourself in the foot. I am a dealer and I wont even sell the shit. It doesnt fit worth a damn, no instructions, and the filter is junk. Highly recommend a Place Racing or Hotshot intake. Best bang for the buck.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I'm actually pretty happy with my Weapon-R. However, I got it used for $60, and later replaced the filter with Sean's old one. The main issue, however, is there is a spot for an extra hose on the pipe, probably because it's for a B14. I still would recommend you get a CAI unless you get a smoking deal on the WAI.

·
Registered
163 Posts
samo said:
I'm actually pretty happy with my Weapon-R. However, I got it used for $60, and later replaced the filter with Sean's old one. The main issue, however, is there is a spot for an extra hose on the pipe, probably because it's for a B14. I still would recommend you get a CAI unless you get a smoking deal on the WAI.
Hey...you got Sean's old filter...I got his old Weapon R intake piping, hahaha. It looks like a faded red now because I've had this intake soo long.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Er... I was really happy with my Weapon*R when I got it. I mean, hey, it's better than stock. =) I built my own cold air extention for it, using ABS plastic piping with a Monster Flow filter down in the fender well. I doubt very highly that it's any comparison to the Hot Shot or PLace Racing, but it does help with heat soak, and makes a nice difference on the low end. =)

Here's a pic of it http://members.aol.com/kandeekidpolo/cai1.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts