Nissan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
if you have a hotshot header, you will notice there is like an 1/8 of an inch of clearence btw the oil pan and header, but mine doesnt' clang

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
so your saying i should check there first to see if i can get more clearance ? and what is an alternative than to bang the oil pan ? is there a way we can make it more " sturdy" without banging the oil pan ?

·
Slashie
394 Posts
psuLemon said:
if you have a hotshot header, you will notice there is like an 1/8 of an inch of clearence btw the oil pan and header, but mine doesnt' clang
My header touched, so I had to bang the oil pan in a bit. Also, the EGR pipe didn't fit perfectly well, but I did something that was suggested here on the forums and got one end started, then the other, and gradually tightened. After using that pipe, it gradually warped into the shape I needed.

I think I got a funny part or something cause it buzzed like crazy in mid range up to redline. I bought a big old 18" resonator and that got rid of the buzzing.

I will say though, that the hotshot fit way better than a pacesetter. I don't know anything about OBXs or WeaponRs.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
stevja1 said:
My header touched, so I had to bang the oil pan in a bit. Also, the EGR pipe didn't fit perfectly well, but I did something that was suggested here on the forums and got one end started, then the other, and gradually tightened. After using that pipe, it gradually warped into the shape I needed.

I think I got a funny part or something cause it buzzed like crazy in mid range up to redline. I bought a big old 18" resonator and that got rid of the buzzing.
that the thing are there an alternative beside banging the oil pan.. i really have a bad feeling about the banging the pan thing.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
that the thing are there an alternative beside banging the oil pan.. i really have a bad feeling about the banging the pan thing.
You have a Stromung exhaust right Liu?

I had one of my heat shields tapping against the exhaust on the second bend... annoyed me for about a week before I figured it out. It sounded further forward than it was.....

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
If it does in fact touch I would check the adjustment of the rest of the exhaust, perhaps it can be pushed forward to get you more clearance. If not the BEST method to make it clear the oil pan is to get another 3 bolt flange like the one used at the primary to secondary connection and have it welded on to the secondary. This will make it clear perfectly.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
Liu, not really... if you find the oil pan's the one making the noise just get a rubber mallet and hit it gently, you want to advance into it about 1/2" to 3/4". Once you're done you want to touch it up with some hh spray paint so it doesn't rust from the heat of the downpipe. Hmm... if you're not sure you can do this... you could loosen up the 3-bolt connection from header to downpipe (that copper gasket is reusable just brush it and put it back). When you tighten the connection back try to put some tension on the downpipe. Pull it towards the driver's side as you tighten the bolts. Also you can install diff hangers that'll pull the whole exhaust towards the driver's side of the car. :)

PS: If the rubber mallet doesn't do the job switch to a sledge. I don't know how hard is your oil pan.

·
Slashie
394 Posts
wes said:
If it does in fact touch I would check the adjustment of the rest of the exhaust, perhaps it can be pushed forward to get you more clearance. If not the BEST method to make it clear the oil pan is to get another 3 bolt flange like the one used at the primary to secondary connection and have it welded on to the secondary. This will make it clear perfectly.
Thats a good idear. I should have done that. Crud. Oh well.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
regardless. the weapon rice and the hs will fit the same.. cuz the WR is a direct rip off..

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
ok, we have everything settled;

OBX= pure crap...the essence of crap...you honestly could poo something better.

Weapon R= knock off, your choice to buy it is determined by your business ethics and your desire for quality

Hot shot= 100% pure.... they are great to use, they are the only ones who made this product for our POS car with no questions and with open arms. Quality is impeccable, only problem? The coating can come off and rust :rolleyes:

·
Slashie
394 Posts
1.6pete said:
ok, we have everything settled;

OBX= pure crap...the essence of crap...you honestly could poo something better.

Weapon R= knock off, your choice to buy it is determined by your business ethics and your desire for quality

Hot shot= 100% pure.... they are great to use, they are the only ones who made this product for our POS car with no questions and with open arms. Quality is impeccable, only problem? The coating can come off and rust :rolleyes:
But there is a warentee on the coating. :)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
stevja1 said:
But there is a warentee on the coating. :)
yup yup....but its still an inconvenience

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
wes said:
Hammering the oil pan is the worst idea ever! Like I said start from the back and work your way forward for adjustment. If it is an issue the flange is the best way to fix it.
I tried that already... did you notice you can't push the exhaust forward since your header is bolted onto the engine block and the downpipe is very rigid. Oops sorry read this wrong the flange thing is not bad it's just like adding a spacer that'll drop the exhaust some more tho.

·
Registered
94 Posts
For the money and quality i would probably buy a Weapon R over a hotshot cause i dont want to spend all the money on this car which will probably end up being totaled or sold to my sister(hopefully the latter). Its my first car and its not worth that much so why put a crap load of money into it. I'm even debating on whether i should leave it stock or put a few performance upgrades on it. I mean $3500 for a car plus another $2500 in performance parts doesnt really seem that economical to me when i could take that $2500 and use it on a down payment on a better car now that i've established some credit and get like a 300ZX or a 240SX from somewhere.

I'm all about cheap stuff that peforms decently... Thats why my computer has an Athlon in it rather than a Pentium 4, it was cheaper and performs just as good if not better. And the same goes for the ATI Radeon 8500 video card that i've got when i could've got a Geforce TI 4200, it was hella cheaper and had almost the same performance. BTW for those that know computers this one is 3 years old so dont say i have a shitty system... i know this already :p.

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
I'm all about cheap stuff that peforms decently...
these things do not go hand in hand..........for performance you gotta pay up. I will admit, WR is better than OBX, SSAutochrome. etc etc but it doesnt compare w/ HS. I can understand wanting so save money on mods but saying they perform as well as quality items is like comparing apples to oranges, it just doesnt work.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
omega, here is the problem with bein cheap, you wont ever reach full potential because cheap will never perform as well as the most expensive.. computers, cars are all alike, when you go cheap, you get want you pay for which is nothin.. you should take some time and learn the difference btw the two.... hotshots you will get good quality which in turn will produce more power.. something most of us care bout, but if you go for cheap, then dont complain when you have fitment problems and not gettin the hp you want to see

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
psuLemon said:
cars are all alike, when you go cheap, you get want you pay for which is nothin..
you have to admit there are exceptions, but normally the "you get what you pay for" saying is true..........but there are exceptions (this is not one of them lol, i was just pointing that out.)

also, he said performs decently and i think the weapon R will fit his bill. <hehe pun.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts