Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Twiz said:
I still feel bad about the 430 bucks spent on the header and the time I took to install this on my car. Just saying rust after 1 (one) month is not acceptable. Is my header a defective product ?... then maybe the comapny needs more quality check.
you are in for a lifetime of disappointment my firend... NOTHING is perfect. So your saying that NO COMPANY should EVER have a product that is defective? Hell how could they "quality check" work that they outsource given that they would have to heat cycle the product and that would constitute hooking it up to an engine... Oh don;t worry about those exhaust marks that our new quality check.

Based on your statements it's clear that there is no logic behind your complaints. I guess I will just have to follow you around and make sure that I offset your complaints against HS with my positive experiences over several years with every product HS has EVER offerd for the 1.6. After all every single one of them has been on my car at one point in time for another. And I have paid retail price for every single one of them...

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
wes you know that people here don't care about Hotshot sales I one don't work for them or promote them... they want to hear the bads and the goods about their products.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
I apologize for getting off topic here. I am the first to tell people to keep the BS out of the tech section. I guess if necesary we can continue the Hot Shot VS ALL topic in the general forum if necessary.

Anyway I stand by my previous statement in that anything is better than the stock manifold and usually offers better mileage if you can keep your foot out of it.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Twiz said:
wes you know that people here don't care about Hotshot sales I one don't work for them or promote them... they want to hear the bads and the goods about their products.
I totally agree I just think the bads should be based on things that could not be rectified or refused to be rectified by the company.... Then again your entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Twiz said:
I still feel bad about the 430 bucks spent on the header and the time I took to install this on my car. Just saying rust after 1 (one) month is not acceptable. Is my header a defective product ?... then maybe the company needs more quality check.
Really have you called them?

"quality check"? Trust me, my B.S. is in Quality control and just because there is ONE defect in one product does not mean there needs more quality control... part of quality control is how you handle warranty situations like this, which you are not doing by not contacting them.

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
maybe we can get back to discussing the WR header maybe......? :rolleyes:
If i wasnt concerned about total gains and was just looking for an improvement then i would get the WR as its better than stock and better than most ebay brands. But more so i would cough up the extra 100 or so bucks and get the HS.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Omega3k1 said:
actually from what i've read(it was somewhere on this forum) that the Weapon R fits better than the HS, no hammering on the oil pan needed and the O2 sensors fit fine.

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=69802&page=2&pp=15&highlight=weapon

Check what 95SentraB13 said And read whats on the next page. I'm seriously considering buying a Weapon R myself, i just dont have the money right now.
hammering the oil pan? 02 sensors not fitting?

where does this stuff come from?

WR is a Honda Rice company that has never contributed a thing to the Nissan community. Only now that Nissan is gaining ground in the aftermarket they jump on the bandwagon.. Unless something has change WR makes nothing, it's all out sourced from China...

NPM has offered them a head to head install and shootout vs Hotshot in the past.... As far as I know WR seems to never allowed their products to be independently tested.. You can take that for whatever you think it's worth.

If someone received what they feel is a defective part then call the company you bought it from, talk to them on the phone.. it will take less effort than coming on here and constantly complaining.

Have you ever bought something at Best Buy or a place like that and something was wrong with it? so you took it back right? ... did you go on the internet and complain? probably not. Did you go back to Best Buy ? probably..

I apologize for the rant...but damn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Twiz said:
OBX is crap it's like it wasn't even designed for this engine when you look at it... but WR hmm I dunno... its sound like competition for Hotshot... did I tell you how sorry I feel I bought the HS instead of WR ?
first off dont trash something unless you have proof it any good. I have an obx header and have had no problems. install was easy, it sounds good, and i get better power and gas mileage. So in all actuality its a great header.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
p1nissan said:
first off dont trash something unless you have proof it any good. I have an obx header and have had no problems. install was easy, it sounds good, and i get better power and gas mileage. So in all actuality its a great header.
only 1 problem is the OBX header was a rip off of the hs design of the Gen 1 i think and is a reason why it performs so good i believe.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
and from what i heav read is the obx is worse than the WR, i understand why every one gets up in arms about this subject (big argument over at srforum right now) and i would feel much more comfortable with the situation if WR were to alow NPM or any mag for that matter to test it and then provide HS with some good clean competition.

·
U13 BB Owner
303 Posts
If you got the 95 federal model then weapon r will be ok for you. I have a 98 and the egr was all screwed up. I had to fab one took a while. Other than that i notice a nice gain...made my car roar.

Had to edit: also they were a pain in the ass to put on.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
p1nissan said:
I seen them side by side... So I have proof to trash it..

Not to mention it's a direct copy of the 1st Gen HS header.. which made less power than the new generations... So how could it be as good if it's produced with lower quality material and it's a inferior design?

Hey I have no problem with it for the price if you are on a tight budget...and I've said that numerous times..

Just don't try to pass off Bologna as Filet Migon...nothing wrong with a good bologna sandwich.... but we know the difference ;)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
myoung said:
Just don't try to pass off Bologna as Filet Migon...nothing wrong with a good bologna sandwich.... but we know the difference ;)
i have seen you make that comment before :thumbup: and i think it perfectly sums up many rational peoples feeling on the subject.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
p1nissan said:
i dont know how many times i have said this, but i have proof, i have owne both the OBX header and now the hotshot header, first off, i have the exact car as mike young, except mine is blue.. the POS obx header didnt fit right, i had to scratch up my raditor and jam the header down, the egr never when in the tube so i had to make a custom egr tube.. the gasket they supply cracked after 3 months and their was no real gain in power... now for hotshott, it fit perfect, i didn't need to bang my oil pan.. the hardest problem was the egr but you have to thread part of the back first and then do the front then go back to the back... i didn't feel really any gains in the obx POS but i felt a lot of gains in the hotshot... the obx header will only work on the federal model cars due to the difference in the egr tube, but gains are very very minimal...

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i dont get what all this banging of the oil pan is all about.. i mean under my car there is alotta metal to metal rattling claning i cant determine where it is.. ive checked and checked and checked and no clue... so anyone can help me

21 - 40 of 97 Posts