Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has eny one instaled these headers? I have a 1995 200sx with the 1.6 engion and a mt. will the 91-99 sentra headers fit on my car? ARE THESE WORTH BUYING? I know hotshot headers are the best but i do not wont to spend the money?

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
they are a cheap knock off, but they are suppose to fit well, i dont know how much hp you will gain, but they look nice and thats what matters;)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
wow, i have been reading about this all day lol. try finding a used HS. that would be the way to go i guess. :rolleyes:

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
I'm actually interested on how they perform ... I really want one of those if they perform well... you've seen my thread about the hotshot header which rusted after one month. I'm not kidding... ceramic coat is not made to take heat, just for looks... its a matter of months before it comes off and your header is covered in rust.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i realy dont care about hp gains, Just so long as i get beter gas milege along with more hp. but again ARE THEY WORTH BUYING? And also will the 1.6 91-99 sentra header fit my 95 200sx 1.6 MT?

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
I'm sure they will fit fine... I'm just saying you want to ask around for people that had a WR header for a while see what they have to say (feedback). I know the WR header is a T-304 copy of the hotshot header so you shouldn't run in any unsual problems besides hammering your oil pan and wrestling your egr bung (this is normal).

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
its worth buy a weapon rice header as much as an OBX one..

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
OBX is crap it's like it wasn't even designed for this engine when you look at it... but WR hmm I dunno... its sound like competition for Hotshot... did I tell you how sorry I feel I bought the HS instead of WR ?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Twiz said:
OBX is crap it's like it wasn't even designed for this engine when you look at it... but WR hmm I dunno... its sound like competition for Hotshot... did I tell you how sorry I feel I bought the HS instead of WR ?
I hate following you around and countering your posts about this...

You didn't even contact HS about the peeling, I had a Hot Shot header for 4 years on my car and I live in the SAME AREA you do and my header held up great given the conditions.

HS is a better design than the other headers out there, but if you don't want to spend the $$$ then get the ones you are looking at. Heck if thats the case and you don't care about power, just gas mileage, the Pace Setter is better than stock...

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
Trust me its really a bad experience for me too I thought that I'd get piece of mind for that kind of money I spend on it. Call em and tell em I found a $4.97 paint at Home Depot that stands ten times better than their ceramic coat? As far as regarding their turbo kit I was looking at ...a friend said I can have an engine custom made for that price.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I would get a pace setter over stock. I have seen a few WR products and they have not held up well over time. Then again, if the header is infact made from T304, chances are that header will hold as 304 is decently high quality steel.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
It wasnt a header which is why I dont want to draw direct conclusions, but with their Dragon intake or whatever it is called. I was suprised as they ae highly rated.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Twiz said:
Trust me its really a bad experience for me too I thought that I'd get piece of mind for that kind of money I spend on it. Call em and tell em I found a $4.97 paint at Home Depot that stands ten times better than their ceramic coat? As far as regarding their turbo kit I was looking at ...a friend said I can have an engine custom made for that price.
Your off base here and are just whining about it... Like I told you before, back when I bought my header (a while back) HS included a guarantee from the COATING COMPANY that warrantied the coating itself.

Nothing in life is perfect man, you are bound to get something that is defective or not perfect. And when that happens the ONLY way for the company to rectify it is if you let them KNOW ABOUT IT. My opinion is that you have no right to piss and moan and slander HS as you didn't even call them... And honestly I will not sit back and let you piss on HS and other companies that support our community when you have not even presented this to them for a resolution...

I challenge you to have a custom made turbo kit from raw metal to completion (without a hook up on parts or fab work) for <= what HS is asking for their kit. Hell the turbo they are using alone is $1000 brand new... And a custom built motor for that price.. sure and if it's a GA16 it won't make as much power as the HS turbo kit. Not sure what your friend is thinking comparing motor work to turbo parts and fabrication.

I guess this is why HS isn't selling many kits, people have NO IDEA what is involved in proper R & D and they THINK they can do it better and cheaper themselves. The reality is that that is completely untrue unless you are a fabricator by trade or have someone that is... In which case you are not the average person and your point is moot

And now back to the previously hijacked thread.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Twiz said:
so they split cause they didn't dissipate heat properly ?
It fell apart. My HotShot CAI is made of T304 and has held up incredibly well. I do think you got a bum HotShot as they make probably the highest quality product for Nissan except maybe AEBS and NISMO.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
I still feel bad about the 430 bucks spent on the header and the time I took to install this on my car. Just saying rust after 1 (one) month is not acceptable. Is my header a defective product ?... then maybe the company needs more quality check.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
So what I was getting at without trying to jack the thread is the HotShot is probably worth the money (100 or so more IIRC) simply based on quality, not dyno gains.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts