Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get a clutch cable that won't stretch to hell? i've got a classic with a clutchnet stage 5 in the bad boy. (i didn't put it in there, it's how it came.):rolleyes: anyways, any and all help is appreciated.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
maybe the bolt on the clutch cable adjuster is not tight enough.. Or, is your cable really streached? I would tight it real good though..

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's actually kinda crazy....i've resorted to using washers inbetween the primary nut that comes off the cable (closer to the firewall) and the bottle cap shaped nut that is closer to the arm. i have about 7 washers there now but i'm finding out that i need to add more about every month or so... i just REALLY need a performance cable....yeah....like the one james farrer uses or something....that would be awesome.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
wow.. so it's really stretching then. You said you have Clutchnet stage 5... I've never heard about it, but is that a stiff ass clutch? (it's gotta be).

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it is a bitch...but i can't get over the performance of it. as far as i know it performs as well as any other six puck sprung hub clutch...i sure could use a performance cable....

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had this problem to with an ACT extreme PP. I changed out the old cable for a new OEM one and still had the same problem, streching way to fast. When i installed my new clutch i found out it was not the clutch cable, my throw out bearing was bending and cracking. So if i was you, i would get a new clutch asap.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a similar stretching problem with my stock clutch cable. I tightened it as far as it would go, and eventually the rubber stopper at the end of the cable that joins onto the clutch lever broke off. I looked everywhere for a new cable, and only found Nissan OEM cables, nothing else.

BTW, if this is happening to me, and I'm still riding my stock clutch, does it really mean that there is something wrong with my clutch? Even after I installed the new clutch cable, the clutch pedal doesn't seem real smooth. And it feels much tighter than I remember, although my memory is kind of vague.

Change the clutch for real?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I know I have a ga16... but I have the problems with my cable as well. It started out with getting the clutch replaced... the pedal grabbed too close to the floor, so I replaced the cable, which helped but not for long... Also, If I really floor the gas through first, then when I shift into second the clutch pedal kind of "holds... then gives" when I let go. Not a big deal unless I puncch the gas through first, then have to stop. When I let the clutch out to get going I almost stall as the clutch pedal pops out...

Any ideas? throwout bearing?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just because it stretches does not mean there is something wrong-----I guest it is just a common problem. With my act extreme pp I had to use 3 washers to adjust it. I ordered a new one and still got to shim. Just one of those things I guess.

BTY Did you do anything to your tranny to make it stronger? With that stage 5 set up I just can imagine the short life span of your tranny now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts