Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a 89 sentrac coupe......yesterday i noticed the cover of the spare tire wheelwell a little wet.....when i raised the cover.....half of the wheelwell was flooded.....well..i took the stoppers off from the bottom so the water would drain out...well....most of it....anyways...i'm wondering where the water could've come from.......well.....i know it's rain....because it's been raining for like 4 days straight.....so i know that's where the water CAME from.....but how did it get in?......i checked the weather stripping nd all....but they're good.....can it be something to do with the tail lights?? :dumbass:

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Indeed, it probably came from the tailllights. Sentras of all generations leak profusely through the taillights. The best thing to do is get some black silicone sealant (most autobody stores will have it), and seal it back up.

·
Avtomat Kalashnikov
1,741 Posts
Yup, Samo is right and also you might also want to check out the trunk lid.Saw someone with a hole in the trunk gutter and that where the water comes in. But majority of trunk water problems come from loose or cracked taillight seals

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YEEE

thx alot guys....well...it's rainin rite now.....so i'll check tm.....i went to junkyard nd bought a new (well....old....but in good shape) housing.....i hope theres enough sealant on it...... :cheers:

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
another good sealant is .. "The Right Stuff" which could be purchesed at PepBoys, i used it on my tails and let me tell you..that shit is the right stuff for leaks lol :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts