Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
86 300zx with a leak on the left rear....has anyone fought this dragon befor...what are the fixes...thanks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,785 Posts
Rear window leaks are typical on the Z31. The cure is to replace the seal. Some of the other guys here know how that is done, I haven't had to redo mine yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's leaking around the top of the LR window

♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
Rear window leaks are typical on the Z31. The cure is to replace the seal. Some of the other guys here know how that is done, I haven't had to redo mine yet.
I read in the FSM there's a kit from Nissan...has anyone tried it or is there aftermarket stuff where I can shoot in there and don't have to r/r the rear window
 

·
ZPOOLNZ
Joined
·
1,609 Posts
You might also want to check under the tool kit and make sure there is no rust. Also check the spare tire well if one window is leaking it is likely the other one is.

If you don't have experience you can pay someone to reseal them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will check that next, thanks

JAMESZ said:
You might also want to check under the tool kit and make sure there is no rust. Also check the spare tire well if one window is leaking it is likely the other one is.

If you don't have experience you can pay someone to reseal them.
I can do the work, but not sure about the nissan or aftermarkets kits available, if they work or you have to r and r the window and start with all new stuff
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,785 Posts
maurola said:
I read in the FSM there's a kit from Nissan...has anyone tried it or is there aftermarket stuff where I can shoot in there and don't have to r/r the rear window
Nothing that will last for any length of time. Best to reseal it and get it over with for another 15 years or so. Like JamesZ said, pull the carpet and rear panels and check for rust.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top