Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the process of completing my enlistment in the USAF while my wife moved here to houston ahead of me. We owned a 04 Nissan 350Z which we couldn't afford with me getting out of the military. My wife decided to go to Tom Peacock Nissan in May to trade it in for another car. They showed her a couple of used cars and one was an 02 Nissan Altima. She decided to go with that one since Nissan is a good brand of a car. A friend of ours went there to give the car a quick look over (he's not a professional mechanic) and both my wife and him asked the dealer whether the car had any problems or anything done to it. Any accidents. The guy told them to their faces "Nothing major,
just a paint job. Everything is fine with it." So she put $5,500 on the Z to make up the difference emptying our savings in the process and went on her merry way. Well, a couple days later the check engine light comes on so she takes it to Tom Peacock to get it checked out. They told her that it was nothing, just that it needed to be reset. That it happens a lot. This happened 4 more times afterwards, each time being told it's nothing. Even the passenger door didn't close properly anymore. She took it to Autozone to have it hooked up to a machine and it came up with cylinder misfire. As well as the front 2 tires were constantly loosing air and were bald. She kept calling to speak with a manager only to be sent to a answering machine every time. Even Johnny Smith, the guy in charge of the dealership, never returned her calls. The breaks have began to squeak a month later and that's just the little part of this mess. A few months later the A/C has stopped working, as well as the heater, and the car was sputtering once in a while. Now it's December and the light is still on. We planned on taking it in earlier but due to the hurricane and the work schedules we haven't been able to. Today we took it to Mossy Nissan off of I-10 to get it checked out by them. Sure enough they came back with a list of problems which was going to amount to almost $1,000 in repairs. Then the guy looked at me and said did you know this car was in a major accident? I said no I didn't. They told us nothing was wrong with it. He said the right side of the car was hit because there are brand new pannels on there and the headlight housing is completely replaced. We called Tom Peacock, knowing how oh so helpful they've been in the past (now we know why... they sold us a lemon), wanting to find out what they plan to do about it. The guy pretty much just laughed at us and said, "We sell as is, Not my problem anymore." and then he hung up. They are the most unprofessional and rude people I have ever met. I honestly think if Nissan knew the kind of people they have representing them, they would be ashamed. Please do yourself a favor and do not buy any cars from these backshop professional wanna be salesmen. Instead head to Mossy Nissan. They took our P.O.S. car and traded it in for an 06 Nissan Altima. They paid all but $1,500 of the remainder of the car loan we had on the 02 and gave us an aditional $1,500 off of the new 06 Altima.

·
Registered
306 Posts
broncosman said:
I was in the process of completing my enlistment in the USAF while my wife moved here to houston ahead of me. We owned a 04 Nissan 350Z which we couldn't afford with me getting out of the military. My wife decided to go to Tom Peacock Nissan in May to trade it in for another car. They showed her a couple of used cars and one was an 02 Nissan Altima. She decided to go with that one since Nissan is a good brand of a car. A friend of ours went there to give the car a quick look over (he's not a professional mechanic) and both my wife and him asked the dealer whether the car had any problems or anything done to it. Any accidents. The guy told them to their faces "Nothing major,
just a paint job. Everything is fine with it." So she put $5,500 on the Z to make up the difference emptying our savings in the process and went on her merry way. Well, a couple days later the check engine light comes on so she takes it to Tom Peacock to get it checked out. They told her that it was nothing, just that it needed to be reset. That it happens a lot. This happened 4 more times afterwards, each time being told it's nothing. Even the passenger door didn't close properly anymore. She took it to Autozone to have it hooked up to a machine and it came up with cylinder misfire. As well as the front 2 tires were constantly loosing air and were bald. She kept calling to speak with a manager only to be sent to a answering machine every time. Even Johnny Smith, the guy in charge of the dealership, never returned her calls. The breaks have began to squeak a month later and that's just the little part of this mess. A few months later the A/C has stopped working, as well as the heater, and the car was sputtering once in a while. Now it's December and the light is still on. We planned on taking it in earlier but due to the hurricane and the work schedules we haven't been able to. Today we took it to Mossy Nissan off of I-10 to get it checked out by them. Sure enough they came back with a list of problems which was going to amount to almost $1,000 in repairs. Then the guy looked at me and said did you know this car was in a major accident? I said no I didn't. They told us nothing was wrong with it. He said the right side of the car was hit because there are brand new pannels on there and the headlight housing is completely replaced. We called Tom Peacock, knowing how oh so helpful they've been in the past (now we know why... they sold us a lemon), wanting to find out what they plan to do about it. The guy pretty much just laughed at us and said, "We sell as is, Not my problem anymore." and then he hung up. They are the most unprofessional and rude people I have ever met. I honestly think if Nissan knew the kind of people they have representing them, they would be ashamed. Please do yourself a favor and do not buy any cars from these backshop professional wanna be salesmen. Instead head to Mossy Nissan. They took our P.O.S. car and traded it in for an 06 Nissan Altima. They paid all but $1,500 of the remainder of the car loan we had on the 02 and gave us an aditional $1,500 off of the new 06 Altima.
I am sorry to hear of your troubles, we actually use them for parts here. I went once (a long time ago) looking for a 20th Anniversary Maxima and the sales people there shunned me like I had the pague. I went to another dealership and rolled their demo off the showroom floor. (suckers!) I forgot what his name is but someone here works in parts there.

I will continue to avoid their sales after this.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm not much on dealerships any way (mostly 'cause I used to work for one) but I'll try to stay away. Went to Baker Jackson south a few months ago with the parents (they were looking to buy) and the salesmen were very helpful. I'd give it a :thumbup: but that's only based on one trip there.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
the different departments there are all run by different people and can only be looked at as such.... I've heard similar things over the years about their sales and service departments, but their parts department is excellent.. It probably doesn't hurt that the parts manager is a member of HNE..

This may sound rude, but are you black/ hispanic/other minority? It seems that the sales and service depts are run by typical redneck racist bastids and minorities often get the shaft when dealing with them. the big problem is that many of the houston nissan dealers are the same way and you run into many of the same issues.

We have members of other local nissan clubs (Z club of Houston) that are service writers at other dealerships and we generally get good service there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt93SE said:
This may sound rude, but are you black/ hispanic/other minority?
No I'm white, but I've been told I look Hispanic, Italian & turkish :D Guess I have one of those faces heheheheh

cryption said:
i believe texas has lemon laws and the dealership can get in trouble
From what I've been told by many people is that the lemon law only affects new cars... Which doesn't make the least bit of sense to me. New cars are under warranty, why would they need a lemon law? Next why do they call a used car lot a lemon lot? This really confuses me.

crazy2002mexican said:
was it a salvage? did you get a carfax? should be stated plain as day if it was
It wasn't salvaged. It only had minor dings on it which an 02 is expected to have and it being a used car. Other then that nothing seemed wrong except for all the tires being bald and the front 2 constantly loosing air. They did pay for 2 new tires which they put on the rear (instead of the front where the 2 tires are loosing air). The carfax said nothing of an accident. But I honestly believe they knew because everytime we called them about problems they'd ignore us or never return calls.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like you got what you deserved. I bet you laughed about the great price you got, you picked out a cheap car and got a cheap car. How did they rig the door to work good for 2 days then crap out? How did it run so well when you bought it then it didn't in 2 days? Maybe you tried to scam them and it didn't work? You use the enlistment as your opening statement, but that's just to get our sympathy isn't it?

What do you want them to do? Make it a brand new car for you? You bought a used car, AS IS. Just like if you sold me your old beater then months later it acted up, should I call you for $1000? Sure, you would give it to me, NOT!!!

I bought 3 cars from there and they are Great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a really bad experience at Tom peacock nissan also...This is the worst dealership in my opinion. From Top to Bottom they don't care about your business including the customer relations guy Sam. I had been dealing with a sales agent who was quite nice, test drove a pathfinder while having my nissan serviced there. I saw a commercial same night for an advertized sale price of a pathfinder. I went there first thing in the morning to see if they had it available, They did. I test drove it and sat down ready to buy it. The sales manager Calvin wouldn't honor the sale price from the advertizement and couldn't give me an explanation why they couldn't match the price.
I called the sales manager Juan Morales, then louise Toledo...Both several times...these gentlemen don't believe in returning the phone calls even I left both of them several messages. They simply don't care. This dealer ship is not run very well. I don't thing the owners know what is going on and how the people they hired effect and reflect upon dealers reputation.
I felt bad for my sales rep Mel. He did a good job but did not get his commission because of the people that are set in charge. No customer service in my opinion. DO NOT buy from this dealer. I ended up going to Fred Haas Nissan and ended up buying the pathfinder for 1700 less then Tom peacock and they gave me a free mini Ipad.
I even called before buying from Fred Haas and talked to customer relations guy name Sam to no avail. He made it sound like he was the right person to talk to but in the end gave me a story about the commercial was a mistake and that they have a disclaimer in place for such ads. What a joke!!
Low and behold I was watching channel two news at ten last thursday and they run the SAME commercial again!!
Poor Poor management and no regards for customer who was ready to buy and lived only 2 miles from the dealership. Now I will drive extra even for service becasuse I do not like the way they handled and lied from top to bottom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts