Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 92 se-r is idling funny and also when im driving and im slowing down to a stop or just rolling my rpm would just drop to like 100 to 200 rpms and then in about a sec it would jump rite back up to 900rpms and i dont know wat the hell it is....please if any of ya know wat the problem is or has had this problem please give me the info on wat the hell is doing this....thanks :mad:

Q

·
0 Posts
se-r_scholz said:
my 92 se-r is idling funny and also when im driving and im slowing down to a stop or just rolling my rpm would just drop to like 100 to 200 rpms and then in about a sec it would jump rite back up to 900rpms and i dont know wat the hell it is....please if any of ya know wat the problem is or has had this problem please give me the info on wat the hell is doing this....thanks :mad:
I replaced all my vacuum hoses and spark plugs. Problem disappered. You check your PCV valve, clean it with carb cleaner and good to go.

D

·
0 Posts
Definatly vacum lines!!!!!!!!!! i had the exact same prob with my little sentra and i replaced all my vacume lines and it went away.... i would start there man.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm having the same problem, and it appears when I'm braking (the clutch pressed) to stop. Engine speed drops to ~400-500rpm and bounces right back to 800-900rpm.... I don't have this problem when I'm parked and press the clutch. Is it the vacuum hoses or O2 sensor or plugs??

·
SE-R "Player"
145 Posts
tomppaa said:
I'm having the same problem, and it appears when I'm braking (the clutch pressed) to stop. Engine speed drops to ~400-500rpm and bounces right back to 800-900rpm.... I don't have this problem when I'm parked and press the clutch. Is it the vacuum hoses or O2 sensor or plugs??
Recheck your vacuum hoses, clean out PCV valve. O2 sensor will not cause the drop in idle. Get back with us, and tell us your findings.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mr. Nice Guy said:
Recheck your vacuum hoses, clean out PCV valve. O2 sensor will not cause the drop in idle. Get back with us, and tell us your findings.
I've got a HS CAI. Everything was fine until a month of use and then I had no high speed idle on cold starts, it'd stall etc until the car warmed up. Car had new plugs, PCV valve, O2 sensor, etc. etc. I found that the one hose that comes from HS is too short and with time it had kinked, as soon as I 'unkinked' it my idle was back. Now I'm looking for a hose that is about six inches longer so that I don't have the kinking problem.

The great thing about add on parts is that you always learn something new!

·
Registered
87 Posts
i had the problem, i changed my 02 sensor and cleaned the shit out of my throttle body, i did those at the same time so i dont know which thing fixed it

·
Registered
82 Posts
im having a translation problmean, is the Vacuum lines and those sensors the AIR INTAKE SYSTEM of engine?

thz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts