Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever heard of a TiAl wastegate spring wearing out? A few years ago, boost was dead nuts at 10 psi. Now it's dead nuts at 12-13 psi, and when the wastegate is open I hear a "pulsing" sound. This happens with the boost controller completely disconnected. Seems to me like the spring is bad. Lord knows it's been used a lot :D

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Never heard of a TiAl going bad, but it sounds like perhaps the diaphram is starting to leak.

Mike

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Mike Maybe you have a leak in the WG hoses as well.

Mike

·
You get what you pay for.
156 Posts
I'll have to agree with that possibility, When someone reattatched my WG line after swapping in the motor, they failed to slip the thermo sleeve under the clamp, well needless to say when the wg opened up ( I dump to the atmosphere) IF burnt a hole about the size of a bic pen in my wg line. On full throttle I was boosting 15 lbs on up when it should have been at 10lbs, Lukily I figured out that was the problem rather quickly and saved my motor a head ache.

morepower2 said:
Mike Maybe you have a leak in the WG hoses as well.

Mike

·
Registered
258 Posts
It's official. Deltagates are crap! Everyone always told me to junk it, but I never had a problem until now! Mine quit regulating at 5 psi and now goes to 12psi, good thing I had the fuel to support it, my high boost setting is 12psi. Tial 35mm here I come!
John

·
You get what you pay for.
156 Posts
I dont understand why some individuals can't make up their mind between getting a Deltagate or a Tial, The tial 35mm go's for 220 dollars from Road Race Engineering, compared to the deltagates what? 175 180 something, It's not that hard of a decision. Don't be cheap when it comes to stuff like that, it will turn around and bite you in the ass later.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I couldn't agree more.. Take the Deltagate apart and you'll see why.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It isnt street legal, but it is as genuine as it is going to get.

If someone can post the pictures.. I'll send them over.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Zak - I sent you about 8 photos
post away

G

·
Okay, here they are. And might I add, it's freakin sweet. :D

Splitting into multiple posts because of the image per post limit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Zak - thanks for posting. Fairly soon, I'll get them up on a web page of its own with more detail. For now.. I am enjoying the ride.

BTW, the second dark shot is of the back seat.. same pattern as my SER!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts