Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
on my Sentra there is a dash warning lamp that comes on occassionally. It's close to the w/washer lamp, it glows red and indicates a low beam h/lamp (owhy).. what is this lamp??
Peter

·
Still Nissaning
825 Posts
Hi,
on my Sentra there is a dash warning lamp that comes on occassionally. It's close to the w/washer lamp, it glows red and indicates a low beam h/lamp (owhy).. what is this lamp??
Peter
From the description it sounds like the bulb out indicator. You probably have a intermittint bulb, or dirty connection. You may notice a pattern that it only comes on when headlights are on, or when turn signals are on, or breaks are allpied. Sometimes it takes a second person to go around the car while you test each thing to find which bulb it is.
Good luck

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Mine flashes each time I apply the brakes. I have no bulbs out, though, and it has done it since I bought the car in 2004. My friend's 89 Sentra does the same thing, and he has no bulbs out either.

·
Registered
117 Posts
thats the brake aplication indecator light. it runs to the brake switch and just lets you know your pressing the brakes. change the brake switch when it stops working is all you need to do. when the light that says brake comes on you should worry. thats on the cluster though. its a little red light.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My '89 does the same thing! The red light when the brakes are applied, that is. I wondered why. It's supposed to? That is bizarre.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts