Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone.

i need someone who is willing to put their g20 in the body shop for about a month or so .

i would like to make a mold of kits for them.

the years of g20 im lookin for is 91 - 00

they must be willing to have the first custom made kit for the G20 and also willing to have their G20 down for a month.

if you are willing please let me know !

[email protected]

·
Registered
25 Posts
I used to go to Tower Shops al the time until shit started going down and they closed it down, and i dont like it on Fridays. I might go to Moroso too so if i see you ill say whats up. My GF has a 01' SE and shes hooking it up little by little too. No performance mods, more into looks, shell be getting a kit soon. I want it more for racing once i get the turbo, plus other performance mods ill be doing. Your car is sweet ive seen it before.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanx, I'm slowly doing perf mods due to warranty. Waitin' for AEBS header now. I'm headin' to Moroso to run this Friday too on my 16s instead of the 18s. I think I saw her car on 595 the other day or another white Sentra w/ white rims.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well shes the only one in the area, havent seen any other ones. Thats good that youre making that car quicker, i went to Moroso this friday but wasnt allowed to run because of the Citrus Nationals, they were practising so a good waste of an hour trip but whatever it was still fun, a spec-v ran a 14.8 i was happy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's cool, What color was the spec? I hope he/she only had I/E, b/c with header they should be around the 14.6 mark depending on driver of course. Whenever I go there, it's a descrace to see modied Specs running much slower that me like 15.8-16.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It was a blue one, it probably only had a CAI and headers but it wasnt that bad, but he could have done better as it was a good 58F up there. I could have probably ran a 15.6 or so, stock my friend ran a 15.9 and i beat him the other day so with my Pop charger and the fuel pressure regulator i should be running 15.6 15.5. I just want to run so then i could compare with the turbo.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Damn for real, he had a Spec-V? I have a base SE-R ran 15.3 stock. My friend had a Spec-V and always did around 15.5 to 16.0 w/ I/E. Needless to say I always gave him shit. lol He to this day still blames the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some people just dont know how to drive stick, fortunately for us its just floorig it, i play with OD OFF 1, 2 to redline then OD on and let the car finish off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wish my car was stick though, ive raced a stick g20 before and the kid kicked my ass by 3 car lenghts, its mostly the launch after that i didnt gain neither did he. Some people just dont know how to launch, i have a friend with a modified GST and he runs 14.5 all night long when he should be in the mid 13's. Its not the car its the driver, there was also an Rx-7 with front mount intercooler twin turbo, the guy ran a 14.7. Always the driver, i expect to run with the turbo at least a 14.4 or so then S3 cams and hopefully mid to high 13's. Some kid in a 200sx SER with a turbo was run low 12's all night long it was sweet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah those DET's can be powerful, ill do that later on as i have only 40k, but im leaning more towards an SR20VE and then doing a custom turbo as the VE has Variable Valve Timing and puts out 190hp, plus with the turbo who knows. There is a SR20VET that puts out i think 280hp, but its RWD and a truck engine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah thats the best thing to do for these cars, hopefully i have the setup done by may or so, theres a pretigious shop around my house called PREMIER AUTOTEKNICS and they do awesome work. They turbo everything for around 2grand to $2500. Im just getting the DET setup but with a couple of upgrades, damn we have completely taken over this thread...

·
Registered
84 Posts
yeah we have. What not get a DET for around 2000, so you can keep you stock engine in case you have any probs. Jus a thought. that is still a good price though, does that included parts/installation/tuning?

·
Registered
25 Posts
That includes all parts and installation, my engine is too new for that, and i really want to turbo the DE not get some used DET engine and then come across problems. DE first then by the time i get rid of it, the DET wont be aorund as much but the VE will so well see what happens.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts