Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is VTC that critical to get maximum performance out of the GA16DE? I'm really sick of my car "telling me when to shift". It's more of a hinder than a plus to me. I'm just posing an opinion. Any comments?

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
VTC has nothing to do w/ when an automatic shifts (i'm assuming you have one cuz manual cars don't tell you when to shift...). If you don't believe me, on your next drive, from a stop, mash your gas down to the floor and hold it there. It'll shift out at around 6200 cuz that's the present shift point but that has nothing to do with the VTC (you can bypass it by shifting manually from 1-2-3 and push the little 'turbo' button, i like to call it for OD). VTC is a keeper, you want it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a manual and u do feel vtc when it advances again in high rpm's. it's a drastic drop in power and when u shift the car it power is regained. so it basically is wanting u to shift

·
Driver
736 Posts
hotboy said:
I have a manual and u do feel vtc when it advances again in high rpm's. it's a drastic drop in power and when u shift the car it power is regained. so it basically is wanting u to shift
I know what you mean. I have an automatic but if I'm shifting manually I too feel the power loss above 6600rpm due to the vtc. Getting the JWT ecu solves the problem because with the new program, the vtc doesn't change back at high rpms like stock.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mate don't moan Here in the UK the GA16DE motor comes with single point throtle body injection and NO VTC with a stock 99 HP

That IS PANTS and I am MOST disapointed with it!!!

G

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Yeah, I remember that from my '93 XE, once you got up there in the rpm's it quit pulling. It sucked.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Substitute "sucks" and it seems to make sense. Those Brits are weird, huh? Do you know what a fag is? To them it's a cigarette! LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah,

Pants=Crap
Fag=Cigarette (Although I prefer the cockney slang 'Salmon' as in salmon and trout=snout, Yep weird I Know!!)
Fanny=Pu$$y

to name but a few.

Could you let me know roughly what Ricey means I'm guessing it means dodgy?

Cheers

G

1 - 11 of 11 Posts