Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q&A about the Cf hood. I have had my CF hood for over an year or so...imangine the sun, heat, weather (TEXAS), and washing that it went through..... I recently nticed some residue on some areas on top of the CF hood....I did try to wax it off, but washing it and drying it couldnt get it off...

could it be some kind of chemical reaction to casue pale-white residue..?? You can tell its there when under the light and sun...

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
do you have a random orbital buffer? use some cleaner wax on it and some hand polish.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
sounds like your clear coat is starting to flake off.. probably need it clear coated again and UV coated as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What should I buy to fix that clear coat problem on the CF hood, and what if its not the clear coat maybe just needs to be waxed...wa product is good for it?

I'll try to take some pictures when I get a chance to this week.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
use a clay bar system for clear coated paint, meguiers "medalion" cleaner wax.

all you need to do is go to our car care sub forum and look up about cleaning normal car paint and waxing, you dont do anything differant to a C/F hood.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've heard of that happening but luckily mine hasn't done that. I've had my CF hood for a little over two years now. It's made by Fiber Images.It is in great shape. I use Meguairs Cleaner Wax every time, after I wash the car. It's great for scratches and making the paint look new again. It works great on my white Spec V. Anyone interested in a good quality CF Hood for your Sentra you should check them out atFiber Images

1 - 7 of 7 Posts