Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend got an 04 GTO 6spd about a month ago and I got a chance to run him in my AltimaSE 5spd (stock) I expected to lose, but it wasn't too bad. The other car in the left lane is my old room mate's EVO just messing around with us (365whp) He was pacing beside then hit it a little at the end.. the exhaust you hear is from the EVO.
We started in 1st gear and took it to about 115 before shutting down.

Altima 3.5 vs GTO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radioaktiv said:
not bad
but i dunno how long a street racing vid will last around here
Ah, I gotcha. I saw a few posts below some guy had a vid of his n2o spec vs a CRX so I thought it was cool. I can delete my post if they need me to.

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
You really can't tell from the video if it was on the streets or if the area was sanctioned off. If you say it was a regular street race then I am going to have to close this...

·
Registered
80 Posts
MrEous said:
You really can't tell from the video if it was on the streets or if the area was sanctioned off. If you say it was a regular street race then I am going to have to close this...

Well if you're going to close it - you should fish through the archives for every other vid ever posted here - 99% of which hasnt been locked/deleted for the sake of consistency. I don't think anyone here will go do 120 mph down walnut street because they saw a vid... if they do they were gonna do it anyway.... like me :thumbup:

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Just watching the DNE Forums' ass Alex...but thanks for asking.:rolleyes:

I could care either way...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I remember the days when we liked to see races on these forums IE: me vs. thomas vs. supercams

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MrEous said:
I never said it was on the streets, I just said if you wanted me to delete it I could. This was obviously filmed in a closed off area :cool:

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
GTO must have some issues either with the car or the driver cuz my buddy's with new tires and exhaust ran 13.60

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sterling2000 said:
GTO must have some issues either with the car or the driver cuz my buddy's with new tires and exhaust ran 13.60
What was his trapspeed? This one in the video is bone stock.. FYI my Altima should trap around 98-99mph. From what I've read online, a GTO traps in the low 100's...

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
PlanoSER said:
What was his trapspeed? This one in the video is bone stock.. FYI my Altima should trap around 98-99mph. From what I've read online, a GTO traps in the low 100's...
I'm thinking his was around 110. I know a stock GTO is 13.8 @ 103.8

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sterling2000 said:
I'm thinking his was around 110. I know a stock GTO is 13.8 @ 103.8
Wow, So you're saying he gained over 6mph with just an exhaust?? Incredible. He must have more than exhaust if he's trapping 110mph, otherwise I have to call bs.

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
PlanoSER said:
Wow, So you're saying he gained over 6mph with just an exhaust?? Incredible. He must have more than exhaust if he's trapping 110mph, otherwise I have to call bs.
He never ran his stock so I have no clue what his baseline is. The tires that come on those cars from the factory don't hook up worth a $Hit. Also, ditching cats and stock exhaust can easily yield a few mph on those cars. After all, we are talking an LS1. Surely you have seen plenty of LS1s (TransAms or Camaros) that have a new airbox, switch to 295s on the rear, and Change exhaust to get down 6 or 7 tenths. If not, then ask around to the shops that know. Those motors have awesome potential. About the only down side to those cars is the rear axle. The factory spider gears usually dont hold up to the extra ponies too long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know, my buddy has a Z28 with lid/headers/exhaust/cam/ls1edit
LS1 is a bad ass motor, I cant wait to see what the LS2s are doing once people open them up.

I still think 110 with just exhaust is crazy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts