Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,077 Posts
i just want feedback on sound it has a str8 back side exit exhaust , cai and bored throttle and bored IM everything gutted out but dash listen close im spinnin up the street coming back or im hearing things lol
Your going to get annoyed with the exhaust sounding like that, trust me. All that noise does it attract the wrong attention.

I ran side exit on my n/a SR a while back. It was retarded loud and i felt like i lost some bottom end power. Honestly i think you should run a 2 inch exhaust with a magnaflow resonatorand muffler. You'd get much better sound and performance. Sentra.net said a n/a 1.6L shouldnt run over 2 inch piping. But its your car.

· Registered
44 Posts
well of course itsgonna sound like this because theres no cat no resonator nothing just a str8 pipe idiot and beside its n/a and i wanna see u beat it .
Honestly there is no reason to get on defence so hard. Defenatly no reason to insult someone.

Anyway I think it sounds like a huge moped engine or a chainsaw. This pipe my not be that bad if your planning to go n/a drag racing. But if your going to use it for circuit racing you most likly won`t be aloud to run without a muffler (tracks have sound resticions too). On a n/a engine you lose exaust velosety when the pipe gets to large (and lose about 3 to 5 whp becouse the sacverding effect becomes nill too). On a turbo engine you may want to run a 3 inch but on a n/a engine 2.25 inch max.

· Super Moderator
1,077 Posts
On a turbo engine you may want to run a 3 inch but on a n/a engine 2.25 inch max.
This is true, depending on mods and displacement. I wouldnt run over 2inch piping. Sentra.net even said so.

Why ask for feedback on the sound of it and complain cause someone gives you their opinion. If you want a "yesman" go talk to a used car salesman.
Ameen to that. Dont post threads of your car and ask for opinions then insult someone if they give you the feedback you didnt want to hear.

· Registered
42 Posts
well of course itsgonna sound like this because theres no cat no resonator nothing just a str8 pipe idiot and beside its n/a and i wanna see u beat it .
Please dont insult me over answering your question. You asked for my opinion and i gave it so dont give me s*** over it. I never said your car was slow or that mine was faster than yours so i dont understand why you would challenge me. No need to take what i said the wrong way.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
You should really install a magnaflow oval muffler to get a nice rich deep sound to the exhaust, or maybe one of those Apex-i oval mufflers. the coffee cans never make the car sound good at all, just loud and make people think you need a new muffler. so don't buy one of those. The good old stromung mufflers sound the best.

· Wise Cracker
6,155 Posts
Watch yourself here. He even said if you like it that is all that matters. No reason to call him an idiot and last I checked idiot is an insult. Build the car for yourself and not for the approval of others!

Lastly do not call other people out to race if they do not like your exhaust note. Be mature about it......

· Wise Cracker
6,155 Posts
wow just cause i said idiot everybody cryin do yall want me to say sorry just give me feedback nomore insults
Feedback is both positive and negative. If you are not open to both then do not post your car up for all to judge. No one is crying here, as a moderator I like to see a technical section that is free from BS. So far this thread is pretty full of it.

Be open to some criticism or simply do not ask people for their input.

Lets test this out. I am not a fan of the exhaust note of a GA16 on a straight pipe, I had my car setup with a 2.5" exhaust without a resonator and it sounded like crap. I quickly installed the largest resonator I could find to get rid of the raspiness.

Lastly I do nto think tearing up and down the street in a residential neighborhood is a good idea. At least take it out to a deserted stretch of road rather than a street lined with houses.

Now, there is my feedback, take it or leave it. But do not insult me because my viewpoint differs from yours.

· Registered
258 Posts
Yeah this thread if funny shit im not a big fan of loud cars their annoying too me but if you like it who im i too say to change it. but my sentra has the stock downpipe all i have is a muffle and an intake it sounds really nice atleast that what they tell me. whatever im just here cause i love my GA16DE

· Wise Cracker
6,155 Posts
see thats cool but what kind of resonator u get
Magnaflow. There are two different types of resonators. louvered core and perforated core. If you can chose a perforated core as it is a straight through design that is less restrictive than a louvered core. All Magnaflow's are perforated as far as I know.

· Registered
42 Posts
Magnaflow. There are two different types of resonators. louvered core and perforated core. If you can chose a perforated core as it is a straight through design that is less restrictive than a louvered core. All Magnaflow's are perforated as far as I know.
Hey,

I've been thinking about going for a 2" exhaust like the HotShot one that SCC put on their 1.6L 200SX build. I was going to just get all teh stuff from MagnaFlow, but I can't find a resonator on their site or through their distributors...Any ideas?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.