Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having problems with front end shaking at 65 to 70 mph? Seems like when it hits overdrive it starts. Replaced
both axles twice and driverside wheel bearing, all engine mounts, rotors, pads, and still it vibrates.

HELP!

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
tires out of balance and out of round tires plus bent wheels are the most common sources.
did you get the tires and wheels checked ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I own a 2003 Maxima and have had the same viration problem. Its not bad a 60 mph but at 70 mph is very noticeable (rear view mirror shakes, sin visor shakes, feel it in steering wheel). I have changed tires, rotors/pads, various front end components fromt right motor mount (broken) and the issue persists. I have read many sites andthe diagnosis includes possible wheel bearing issue( I experience no growling noise unless decellerating hard), steering torque sensor? I am at a loss. I've spoken to several Nissan Dealerships and they say could be tires/balancing/alignment/tie rods etc. My mechanic has checked over the car thoroughly and can find no visible issue. Sorry my post is of no value to your issue but I feel your pain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts