Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if you could make a N/A 3.3l into a 3.3l supercharged?
I have a 2000 Frontier that i would like to make supercharged in the future.
Can you use the parts from a S/C frontier? If so, what would I need?

·
Registered
79 Posts
supercharger

SilverStallion said:
I was just wondering if you could make a N/A 3.3l into a 3.3l supercharged?
I have a 2000 Frontier that i would like to make supercharged in the future.
Can you use the parts from a S/C frontier? If so, what would I need?
Check out E-Bay. Periodically there is someone on there that is selling the supercharger for the v6. They usually come with everything you need to install it. It's not a big deal to install. :cheers:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah you can use the factory parts, but I think you will find more performance at lower prices from a 3rd party. Some of the things you won't get that a factory one has is protection against bad fuel/overheated mixture (the factory uses knock sensors to defeat boost if needed), and the injectors are supposed to be larger.

There is also an issue with the ECM throwing a code because the MAF sensor does not expect such a large quantity of air flow on the SC models. This may be a problem on non-sc vehicles, if Nissan set a maximum limit the engine should see...

FYI - on the factory SC you have to run superunleaded - there is no intercooler. This usually means you are limited to 6 Lbs boost safely as well...

The engine will do more with aftermarket. I'd look that way first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it a lot. Hopefully I can find some aftermarket stuff to make it a little better. I really did'nt want to get into too much. Thanks again!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts