Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its been a while since I've been around. Hope those that know me are doing well!!
So, when I left for the Army I left the 92 Max for my younger brother!
I am in Dallas for few days again and leave on SAT to CO and back to Iraq; again on Monday.

The only thing he upgraded was headers- I dont know what kind.
Now, the car has a bad exhaust leak and engine is losing power! Tune up has been done and still no kick!

any ideas/suggestions what the issue might be? maybe a VE30 swap?

thanks
Eyad

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,227 Posts
Is power being lost at all speeds or only low speed? If it's at all speeds, something other then the header is at fault. Do an ECU code readout to see if any fault codes are set.

If power is lost at low speeds, it's due to the scavenging effect of the headers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is power being lost at all speeds or only low speed? If it's at all speeds, something other then the header is at fault. Do an ECU code readout to see if any fault codes are set.

If power is lost at low speeds, it's due to the scavenging effect of the headers.
yea, power is lost at low speed specifically, on take off.
I've done a full check, and I believe it seems to be the headers and the exhaust leak.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,227 Posts
That's a common problem with installing headers on a completely stock motor. Because the headers scavenge the combustion charge so much more efficiently, some low speed torque is lost. If you want to get that low speed torque back, you'll have to remove the headers and install the OEM exhaust manifolds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts