Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,298 Posts
wildmane said:
I'm actually pretty sure it's not a head gasket, because I don't see any smoke. It's just that it's really weird that it is disappearing so fast, and that I don't see any leaks.. I'll look harder.
Check the water pump weep hole. Its on the passenger side by the thermostat housing and on the underside. Look for green crystals and drips.
Good Luck...

· Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,298 Posts
200sx98fl said:
well i got it to the shop finally and good news...no blown head gasket. No leaks...coolant is staying at a constant level now. The problem was a cracked sparkplug on cyclinder 3. Had to wait 3 hours for another iradium plug so while it was there i had them read the compression on the motor, the mechanic said it read 120 on all 4.(he said it was fine but i wanna know what you guys think) Is that good, bad....??? Ne ways problem is fixed. Thanks for all the advice.

Oh yeah the smoke was condesation or whatever....
The FSM gives 171 psi minimum at 350 rpm for the GA and 149 psi at 300 rpm for the SR20
It also lists simple checks to determine what’s wrong.
But let’s face it as you say we all have 7-8 yr old cars, and so long as the compression is uniform its just normal wear and valve seat deterioration
Good Luck......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.