Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week i spent about $200 on replacing my passenger rear caliper, both rotors, and pads. yesterday i was taking a ride to the local performance shop after picking up my buddy. we were going down the highway when my car starts feeling like i have a flat. i tought that it might just be the road because it started and just went away. a little ways later it started again so i figured i better pull over to make sure my wheel wasn't going to fall off. (had a couple encounters with this before) anyways i pull over and me and my friend get out he checks the passenger side and says everything is alright. i look at the front tire it looks fine then i notice smoke coming from my rear wheel. i look closer and my brake pads are on fire and my rotor is molten red. after putting the flames out we drove to the auto parts store where i got the pads and the rotors from. i got a lifetime warranty on the pads and 2 year warranty with the rotors. after explaining to them what had happened they tell my that the warranty won't cover it because it was probably a faulty caliper that had caused it. so after spending another $120 dollars and changing the parts here i am. :balls:

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,137 Posts
Which rear wheel did the problem occur on; the same one with the new caliper? If so, the new caliper may have been defective. If it's the other wheel, the caliper piston may have seized up or the slider pins may have seized up.

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
well i guess theres no advice to be given here....that really blows....could you have installed it wrong or something?...thats my guess. i put a few brake pads on without making sure they went into some clips or whatever....they wore down hard and fast on one side and fucked up the rotor.first time wasnt my fault but second time was indeed.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Lol, time for some Z32 brakes! Every time an OE part malfunctions, it's a great excuse to upgrade. Water pump leaked, CA18DET engine. Brake pads wore out, Sumitomo 4-piston brakes. Tranny blew, S15 6-speed transmission. Just kidding, I haven't blown the tranny yet... But I should!

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
bridrive55 said:
Lol, time for some Z32 brakes! Every time an OE part malfunctions, it's a great excuse to upgrade. Water pump leaked, CA18DET engine. Brake pads wore out, Sumitomo 4-piston brakes. Tranny blew, S15 6-speed transmission. Just kidding, I haven't blown the tranny yet... But I should!
Will The s15 6 speed tranny match up to the 1991-1994 KA24DE???
I Am A :dumbass:

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
DaCheat said:
Will The s15 6 speed tranny match up to the 1991-1994 KA24DE???
I Am A :dumbass:
With some modification... It bolts right up to the SR bell housing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rogoman said:
Which rear wheel did the problem occur on; the same one with the new caliper? If so, the new caliper may have been defective. If it's the other wheel, the caliper piston may have seized up or the slider pins may have seized up.
no it was the side i didn't replace the caliper on. i was going to when i did the other caliper but i figured i would wait. so since i did i had to spend 60 for the caliper, 25 for the rotor (which i just replaced days before), and another set of pads (which i just replaced also so i only used the one side)... i'm really kicking myself in the ass for trying to wait. i think i'm going to try to get my money back for the rotor and pads. my friends dad and a girl i grew up with both work there so i have to talk to them. well i guess everything happens for a reason maybe it was to teach me to do it right the first time instead of try to wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts