Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Have a 94 Bluebird 2.4 U13. Has normal A/C (ie not climate) with the push button electronic vent controls in centre dash section.

Have the issue where the control module in the dash doesn't seem to work the fresh/recirculate vent motor properly. The motor it self seems to work fine. Initially the button would see it only move back and forward maybe 2mm. But if i pull appart the motor unit, then re assemble it will rotate and 'zero' back to the correct position after turning it to 'fresh'. But from then the dash module button only sees it move back the same 2mm.

If I bridge a few of the points on the motor it will move back and forward the required amount. So I'm guessing that the control module 'knows' what position the motor unit is at, so it would seem that its not reading this correctly?

As the module is purely electronic I figure there is not much one can do except replace it?
Also of note the lights in this unit (which are hard fixed small LED's) do not work, well on rare occation they have come on, which makes me think its the module and not the motor unit. All the other vents seem to work.

Anyone else had such issues, is it common or proabably just bad luck?
I bet its a $$$$ part too :(

One plus I guess, on cold mornings forcing me to warm up the car, else the fresh air is freezing before the heater gets upto temp :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, new here also. I don't think it's too uncommon. But not common enough to make the control panel cheap :( . They're still over $300.00 new I believe. We've had ours since new and the button leds were the first things to go. first one and then another. And then it started developing symptoms much like you describe. Fortunately once a local u-pull-it wrecking yard finally got an Altima in I was able to get a control panel for $12.50. And it even worked! All the button leds and the back-light. I'd have bought 5 of them if I could :) ! Good luck!

Cheers..................Todd

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the heads up, $300 US, damn i'd hate to see what we get shafted here in Oz haha. Our wreakers would probably want that lol. All nice and pretty such tech is, but in time it all breaks, can't beat the good old mechanical slider type etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought I'd give an update.

Fixed the lighting, the bulbs are in small plastic holders that just twist into the board, repositioning seems to fix this.

Also fixed the vent control, lots of dry solder joints, so any one with the same issue pull it out and appart and hopefully its an easy/cheap fix to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you pull appart the control unit, the 'components' solidered onto the circuit board have some poor soilder connections (prob due to age/heat/vibration). If you get solidering iron and just touch the bad ones up should hopefully be sweet. Given thats the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts