Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very pleased with my 02 Altima SL 2.5 and needing to replace a second car I recently purchased an 01 Sentra SE 2.0 with a 100K miles on it. Thus far I've been pleased for the most part with the car for what it is, inexpensive transportation (it's essentially a box on wheels compared to my Altima). However, I have a few questions for those who have experience with this car that I'm hoping I can get answered w/o combing thru the vast library of threads here.

First, I will be needing new tires soon. I need reccomendations as I currently have Firestone Firehawk GTA's (195/55/16) on currently and have read that they are lukewarm tires. Problem is I am finding that this size of tire is hard to get. How big of tire can I go with on this car w/o screwing it up? I drive in all conditions but my street racing days ended some twenty years ago.

Second, I need floor mats. I have the Midnight color on the interior. Anyone out there sell these outside of the dealership? I'd rather not pay thru the nose for these but I want Nissan floormats.

Third, I need different little plastic pieces for the interior. I found some 12v covers at a local junk yard but I still lack the child safety seat bolt latch cover on the passenger side speaker and for the middle one, between the speakers.

Lastly, is there anything I need to be aware of with this car? Potential problem spots? Additionally is there anything I can do to boost gas mileage performance?

Thanks in advance!

·