Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SES light is on in my 97 200sx 1.6. I took it to advance auto and they scanned the codes for me. It came up p0446.
I did some searching here and found that there is some valve back there. I tried taking the 2 bolts off, and 1 snapped off. The other didnt budge. So now I figure I gotta spring for a whole new canister...right? I have a feeling a dealer visit is gonna cost me an arm and leg, so im trying to fix it on my own. Im new to all this stuff, so I have a few questions.
How much is involved in swapping out a new canister? My undercarraige is pretty rusty, and dirty. It seems that there are 2 smaller hoses connected to the canister, along with that valve. Anything else Im missing? I think I also see 3 bolts to remove it, hopefully they aret rusted also.
Does a new canister come with a new valve all ready installed? Anyone got a part number for a 97 200sx 1.6l?
Where is a good place to buy a canister? Dealer? Online?
:confused:

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,241 Posts
I looked for this code in the FSM and cant find it. are you sure its correct ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thats a correct code. I got the same code when my canister vent purge valve went bad. I also got another code but I cant remember what it was now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts