Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can you tell if its leaking?. I got everything apart right. Compression was low on 1 and 2 cylinders. But I was cleaning it all back up and I looked into the exhaust ports and noticed the stems on the valves were black from oil. the faces of 3 were wet with oil (1,2,3) but the stems on 1 and 2 were wet with oil?. Its wierd. The head had just been rebuild like a couple weeks ago. They said they put all new seals and I know they put all new valves in it. Is it possible they didn't set right?. I don't know. I'm lost. I'm waiting on the new rings for the pistons so any Idea to get me to were its bug free is what I'm after. By the time it running again it'll all be brand new.

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
if there is oil on your plugs, then that means oil is gettings into your combustion chanber, usually meaning that the head gasket is eiher leaking or the head isnt tightened down properly.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So its most likly oil from the combustion chamber. Not the valve seals. The oil was only on the plugs on cylinder 1 & 2. But compression was way down on those two cylinders. When I added oil it went up. so the rings are bad. Da. Thats were the oil on the valve stems probly came from my compression test...

Why is it somthing never seem clear until someone netrual points at the obvious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts