Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I wanted to paint my valve cover and I called a couple of local auto stores to find out how much it would cost for the gasket setfor a 99 sr20.. They all tell me that they don't make them yet for my year car. I just wanted to know if I could use a set for the 200sx se-r or b13 se-r. or if anyone know where I could order it that would be helpful to. Thanks

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
You should be able to get away with removing it one time and not getting any leaks.I have done it for several. You will need black RTV for the 1/2 round parts at the ends..you will see when removing the old one.then clean it all up before you put it back together.and seal the end where they were sealed before.make sure you keep the gasket stright in the back..( a lil dab of RTV along the long straight part in the groove on the cover helps)

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Since the gasket is rubber, you should be okay with the original gasket if you only take the cover off a couple of times. Like Black200SXSER said, a little RTV around the edges and you'll be good. My VC has been off three or four times since I've owned the car, and there's not an oil leak anywhere.

But, to answer your question, a 200SX SE-R gasket will work for sure.

·
Registered
722 Posts
speaking of oil leaks mines leaking near the alternator thinks its my valve cover gasket?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts