Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that a lot of oil is oozing around the valve gover gasket. It's obvious that I need a new gasket, but I was wondering what kind to get, if it really matters. I am expecting to push over 200 HP real soon, so I was wondering if I should get "higher performance" kinds. I'm sure OEMz can handle it just fine, but if performance/price/ego factor is good, then I want the performance ones. Just wanted some advice thrown around and any experiences with some products. Thanks

Peace
C-mo

·
0 Posts
OEM

I would go back with the OEM, but that is what I try to do with anything rubber. I figure if it lasted on my car to 160k, it must be worth the money to use it again.

JMHO...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I, at first, only went with the OEM valve cover gasket. The dealer in my area had the primary valve cover gasket, but they didn't keep in stock the 4 little spark plug hole gaskets (which should be replaced too). One parts guy I talked to tried to convince me I didn't have them at all...

A little fed up, what I did was go down to Schucks/Napa/Checkers/AutoZone/whatever and bought the complete Felpro-made valve cover gasket set. They had it to me in a day or 2 (compare with the dealers "it'll be here in about a week"), and it came complete with the valve cover gasket, the four spark plug gaskets, and 16-20 new metal and rubber washers to secure the valve cover. Nice!

Felpro makes good gaskets, its what I'd recommend.

Aaron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts