Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of swapping a V6(nissan, of course) into a 240? I am interested in the project, but need to learn about anyones experiences first. I am not looking for advice about how the SR20DET is the way to go. I don't think a turbo 4 cyl. will provide the torque and H.P. curve I am looking for.

·
Registered
319 Posts
What kind of torque and hp numbers you lookin at? The only V6 of nissan's i can think of is the VG engine from 300zx's. You looking at the n/a or twin turbo? Anything is possible with money, i'm sure you'd need new mounts and a whole wack of stuff but hey.....if you got the cash. Just another thing, the skyline makes an inline 6 that is becoming popular, i'd look into that, probably cheaper

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
little240boy said:
What kind of torque and hp numbers you lookin at? The only V6 of nissan's i can think of is the VG engine from 300zx's. You looking at the n/a or twin turbo? Anything is possible with money, i'm sure you'd need new mounts and a whole wack of stuff but hey.....if you got the cash. Just another thing, the skyline makes an inline 6 that is becoming popular, i'd look into that, probably cheaper
and easier due to less fabrication.

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
there have been a few who have swapped the VG from a 300zx but it is very rare swap cause its very hard. the only 6 cylinder swaps i would consider are the rb20det or maybe the rb25det. the rb's are of course from skylines as just mentioned...

sr20 isnt the way to go but there are other turbo 4 cylinders than the sr. ca18det or you can turbo your KA motor and that will produce some good numbers. what are the specs you wish to reach anyways

1 - 4 of 4 Posts