Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from Utah, Im interested in meeting the other nissan owners. How many sentra/ 200 are there here not many from whta Ive seen. Hey carbonblack whats lame about Salt Lake maybe its the people you know

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
I'm pretty sure that carbonblack is one of the only 200/Sentra owners in Utah, that posts here.
He has a really nice car.... :D

I won't even touch the Salt Lake thing.......

·
Registered
12 Posts
I usually read the SR20DE forum, but I saw your post and wanted to let you know of one other Sentra owner in Utah. I have a 1998 Sentra SE with a DET conversion. I recently purchased it with the mods all done. It's one sweet car.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boosted Ute said:
I usually read the SR20DE forum, but I saw your post and wanted to let you know of one other Sentra owner in Utah. I have a 1998 Sentra SE with a DET conversion. I recently purchased it with the mods all done. It's one sweet car.

How much did you pay for your sentra.Did you buy it in Utah. I guess mine isnt the only sentra here, thats cool

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Boosted Ute, have you ran the 1/4 mile with it yet?
If so, what were your times.

Any pics of the install/ engine bay?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought it from a BYU student who moved to Fresno. I'm not really sure why he sold it. I think that it is tougher to get inspected in California than it is in Utah. I have not run it in the quarter mile yet, but I'm anxious to see what it can do. I know that RMR has certain nights that are open to race but I don't know when they are or how it works.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I live in SLC and I am going to get a 95 200 SX SE-R.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Boosted Ute said:
I bought it from a BYU student who moved to Fresno. I'm not really sure why he sold it. I think that it is tougher to get inspected in California than it is in Utah. I have not run it in the quarter mile yet, but I'm anxious to see what it can do. I know that RMR has certain nights that are open to race but I don't know when they are or how it works.
Cool, we did a Bluebird swap into a 96 200SX. It ran a 13.6 in stock trim at 10psi. We are going to throw on some slicks, turn up the boost, and see if we can hit 12's.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Whoa

Aloha all,

I wasn't paying good attention to this section. I'm happy to see some Utah peeps in here! We got quite a few Sentra/200sx cruisers here in Salt Lake, Davis and Weber county area. We usually meet at SCCA AutoX event. There is actually a event at Salt Lake Community College this Saturday, and I am trying to go there to see the race (i usually race, but my car needs break). I think (hope) there's a few other Sentra/200sx owners going to show up.
So if you are doing nothing this weekend, show up to SLCC on Saturday, for more info visit www.utahscca.com . I hope to see you there!

Boosted Ute, I know your car. Yeah, the previous owner moved to Cali, but there was a romor about your car came back here with new owner. I guess it was you. You got a nice car and I'd like to take a look.

Sean (1CLNB14), yeah, it's me. Yos. lol

Scrappy, I guess lived here too long. hehe

·
Registered
55 Posts
hahaha...about time

awsome! it's about time everyone started posting from here. i drive a 99 sentra se. like carbonblack said we usually go to the scca meets....so everyone should go out on saturday. =-) see you there!

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
I'm up here in Seattle, but it is nice to get a little more post action in this section.

I think it was a good idea to combine the two areas.

I'm going to be going to SEMA in November. Any of you guys going to make it down?

·
Platinum
462 Posts
SEMA

1CLNB14 said:
I'm up here in Seattle, but it is nice to get a little more post action in this section.

I think it was a good idea to combine the two areas.

I'm going to be going to SEMA in November. Any of you guys going to make it down?
Sean, I'm going to try to go down there depends on my school schedule. I go to school so I'm gonna have to skip a day or two to make it down there. If so, we should meet up! :cool:

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
I will be there from Monday, Nov. 4th(scheduled to arrive around noon) and I leave on Thursday, Nov. 7th (flight leaves at around 4pm).
I'm staying at Treasure Island.
It would be realy cool to hang out in Vegas!

·
Registered
12 Posts
What time is the event a SLCC? I went to the site but I didn't see anything about a time. Depending on my kids soccer games, I might try to stop by a check it out.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Boosted Ute said:
What time is the event a SLCC? I went to the site but I didn't see anything about a time. Depending on my kids soccer games, I might try to stop by a check it out.
AutoX event starts at 10am. But we probablly won't be there until 11am~noon since we are not racing tomorrow. We will stay there for a few hours. So if you come around noon, I will be there for sure.

1CLNB14 said:
I will be there from Monday, Nov. 4th(scheduled to arrive around noon) and I leave on Thursday, Nov. 7th (flight leaves at around 4pm).
I'm staying at Treasure Island.
It would be realy cool to hang out in Vegas!
Oh no. I could probablly skip my friday class, but Mon-Thur will be harder. :( Maybe if I do real well in school next 5 weeks, maybe my professors will let me skip a day or two ;). Probablly not :(

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'll try to make out there to watch and meet some of you. So I'll see ya there.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
It was nice to see some Nissan peeps yesterday! (lifetrnlx, paulb, Boosted Ute, etc) Boosted Ute, your car is NICE!!! I wish I had that real motor in my car. I didn't get to see some of you (JZK316, scrappy) but we should plan a meet sometimes. Is anyone up for that?
Oh, and I really have to to race autoX next time. I will be out of town for next event 10/6, but I am planning for the next one. We should all race!!

Cheers

·
Registered
171 Posts
yeah that sounds like a good idea. If you were at rmr on friday I was in my truck and had JZK316 on my back window. I don't have my 200 yet but I will have it soon enough. My truck is an 87 dodge ram but its a good truck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had fun meeting a few of you at the AutoX on Saturday. It would be nice to have even more of us out to the next event. I am planning on being at the Saturday event on Oct. 19.

Thanks for giving props to my car. It is still a work in progress like everyone else's.

CarbonBlack200 or anyone else that participates in AutoX. What does it take in order to participate? Do you need to become a member? Please fill me in.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
SCCA AutoX

Boosted Ute said:
I had fun meeting a few of you at the AutoX on Saturday. It would be nice to have even more of us out to the next event. I am planning on being at the Saturday event on Oct. 19.

Thanks for giving props to my car. It is still a work in progress like everyone else's.

CarbonBlack200 or anyone else that participates in AutoX. What does it take in order to participate? Do you need to become a member? Please fill me in.
Nope, you don't need a membership to race AutoX. It will cost you $25 to race. If you have a SCCA membership, it is $15. All you have to do is show up early in the morning (9:30am deadline for registration) with $25. If you don't have your own helmet, there are helmets you can borrow from SCCA.
I guess Oct. 19 is the day for all of us to race. :D I think that's the last event for this season too. I think this is going to be my GA16 powered 200SX's last race.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts