Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2014 Nissan Rogue S with steel rims and 225/65/R17 tires. I want to know if I can use my alloy rims from my old 2006 Nissan X-trail

The old X-trail alloys are 6.5J x 17 (40mm offset) and the current steel rims on the Rogue are 7J x 17 (35 mm offset).
Both have the same bolt pattern 5 x 144.3so really the differences are the rim width and offset.

The old X-trail recommends 215/60/R17 and the Rogue takes 225/65/R17 tires.

So,
1- Can I use the 1/2" narrower rims on the Rogue?
2- Does that change the tire sizing at all?

Cheers!

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,638 Posts
Using the X-trail wheels with the 225/65/R17 tires will position the tires 0.2" farther away from the suspension. The narrower alloys will effect the tire width by 1/10" on each side for ever 1/2" change in wheel width. This is a small concern unless you plan on running wheel widths that are well outside the manufacturer's recommended range. Tire sizing remains the same so it will work out OK.

If you were to use the 215/60/R17 tires with the X-trail alloys on the Rogue, the speedometer error would be as follows: at 50 mph, the actual speed would be 47.7 mph.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Using the X-trail wheels with the 225/65/R17 tires will position the tires 0.2" farther away from the suspension. The narrower alloys will effect the tire width by 1/10" on each side for ever 1/2" change in wheel width. This is a small concern unless you plan on running wheel widths that are well outside the manufacturer's recommended range. Tire sizing remains the same so it will work out OK.

If you were to use the 215/60/R17 tires with the X-trail alloys on the Rogue, the speedometer error would be as follows: at 50 mph, the actual speed would be 47.7 mph.

I hope this helps.
Helps quite a lot, thank you, The old 215/60R17 tires are near bald so I don't think I'll be using them. Where do you get the calculations about wheel width and speedometer error? thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts