Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sounds like something in the emissions. Do you have a CEL? I would see if you have any codes. They will likely point to the culprit. Check to see if the throttle body is working, since you need air to make it run right. If you o2 sensor is bad, it could be just sending a lean signal, which would add more gas and burn way too much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks guys for your responces here is the prob. the codes got erased by mistake but it did show a knock sensor then O2 sensor bank1 sensor 1 ok it did show both sensors on bank 2. but it would still run pretty good have a little mis but would like gas tho. then here about a week ago my wife was going to take my son to school and it started she backed out of my drive way then it died well it wouldnt start back. i went out and just held the gas pedal to the floor it started right up i let it run at about a 1000 rpm's for a few mins then it would run. but just didnt seem like it had much power like it did. well i checked the codes after we ran it like that for about 3 days and the only code that it showed diff from the ones above was gear 1 ratio incorrect. well today it just want start at all. but i read the codes and it didnt show anything more than above. so thats why i cant find out what has happen to it. i can get my wife to crank it and it will try to start but soon as she releases the key it will just die. thanks to anyone that may can help me on this. i know its got gas i know it is pumping the gas to the motor i pulled the gas line to see if it was and gas came out. so it has to be something stopping it from getting the fuel to the inj.

·
3,553 Posts
I would replace the bad O2 sensors first and then see how it goes. Sorry to only offer an expensive solution, but TONS of problems resulting in driveability issues can be caused by bad O2 sensors. If the bad O2 sensors tell the ECU that it needs more fuel it will send more fuel, which makes it use too much and run poorly. The knock sensor will not cause bad mileage or loss of power.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Also to go along with 88's suggestion. Disconnect the battery for a little while in case the truck went into limp mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also to go along with 88's suggestion. Disconnect the battery for a little while in case the truck went into limp mode.
you might be on to something. i talked to a friend oif mine that worked for a NISSAN DEALER CLOSE BY. and he was their top troubleshooter. he told me the O2 sensors would just make the computer run in close loop and take care of it until it was fixed but it should still run fairly good. he said it had to be something else causing it to loose power and want hardly run. so i may give yours a try cant hurt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts