Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm looking at buying a 2005 Pathfinder LE. It's fully loaded with DVD system and NAVI. Has 90,000km and no dings,dents or rust. They're asking $22,000 (canadian) and I'm wondering what would be a decent offer?

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not sure the comparables (if any) but I paid 17,000 US for an 05 LE without DVD/NAV. Mint condition, 36k miles.

Are you sure you want (need) a Pathfinder? If I didn't need it to tow 4,000 lbs I would not have bought mine. Not many choices for me; it was Pathy, 4Runner, or Envoy/Trailblazer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we're a growing family and we need to replace our 2002 golf. Kinda small with carseat, dog, stroller, etc... we do alot of camping and eventually will be getting a small trailer. I also refuse to get a minivan ;)

why do you ask if I really want/need one? Do you have problems with yours? I know they aren't the greatest on gas but...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gas is #1 issue for me. I did all the research possible and thought I knew what I was getting into... I didn't, I can't get anything above 17 mpg mixed/mostly rural driving. I could do that in a Tahoe!

Also, more creaks, squeaks and rattles than I expected from Nissan. Really nothing major, just a so-so vehicle IMHO. I'd go Honda Pilot if I was going to tow something under 3000 lbs...just my opinions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Prices for SUVs down here have fallen through the floor, so if its the same up there, I wouldn't hesitate to make a low offer.

For the uses you describe, the PF would be a good choice. We do all of the same things and it has been a great vehicle so far.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'd offer something around $18,000. You can probably get it off their hands for $20,000, easily.

The only hesitation I'd have with the '05 is that it was the first year for that generation of Pathys and there have been a lot of people with issues that have been slowly ironed out in the '06 - '09 models. Since those are probably more expensive, you might want to have a look at some '04 Pathys. Less issues and more reliable, though there is less interior space than the '05 generation.

From a reliability standpoint, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the '05 Honda Pilot or '05 Toyota Highlander. However, both of those have a max towing capacity of only 3500lbs compared to 5000lbs (Pathy 01-04) and 6000lbs (Pathy 05+). If you're towing a trailer, and hauling a family and camping gear, towing capacity and the GVWR could be a big factor in your choice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies...I was going to make an offer yesterday but unfortunately somebody just walked in to the dealership and just bought it without even really looking at it! Who does that?! Felt like I had an auction sniped away from me on Ebay. Anyways, I'll keep my eyes open for another...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts