Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a tach and I need to know what color, and exactly where the negative ignition coil wire is.

If you can help it would ne greatly appreciated.

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
Connect the tach power lead to the Yellow wire of the defroster switch

Connect the tach ground lead to the Black wire

Connect the tach lighting lead to the Red/Blue wire
This will allow the tach to light up when the lights are on, however, due peculiar Nissan wiring, the tach will not dim with the dash lights

Connect the tach feed lead to the Green/Yellow wire of the ignition coil

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
You can have the tach dim with the dash lights. Also, I would use a voltmeter to figure out what wire comes from your coil to your ecu so that you can tap into the wire inside the car near the ECU rather than drill a hole in your firewall and hack into your coil wiring. Pull your dimmer switch out and hook both of your tach backlight leads to it. You'll have to use a meter to figure out for sure, but the way the dimmer works on B13's is that the dimmer changes the light level by resisting the ground from the lights. So hook your backlight ground wire to the dimmer wire that goes to ground and the backlight positive wire to the dimmer wire that has voltage present when the lights are on. Check around but I'm pretty sure that the wire from the ECU that goes to OEM tach's is abandoned in your dash somewhere, so use this to connect to your tach sensing wire.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
Just to make myself not look like TOO big of an ass I didnt write up that how too just did a search for it. I dont have a tach installed it was just a cut and paste job so if you can have it dim I wouldnt know :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts