Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vanilla Ice all the way baby!
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED!!! my fuel gauge unit is out of my car as i type this, and i ordered a new unit that looks nothing like what i have, how do i clean the old one ( i was getting bad readings)

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Check part numbers versus the one on this list
my part number is 25060-17P75, zbums is 25060-17P65, is that difference due to the fact i have a digital dash or is it the wrong part?, its the one from courtesy, the reason im hesitent to put it in is there alot of exposed connections and i didn;t think that was right

edit: nvm i check a complete parts list and the 75 if for the digi's, but the wires and connections scare me cuz they will be in the fuel tank, and last time i check elctricity and gas didn't mix well, but i might be wrong

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
SanMarcosZfreak said:
my part number is 25060-17P75, zbums is 25060-17P65, is that difference due to the fact i have a digital dash or is it the wrong part?, its the one from courtesy, the reason im hesitent to put it in is there alot of exposed connections and i didn;t think that was right
Ask Courtesy the difference between the 2 part numbers.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
SanMarcosZfreak said:
see edit in above post /\
Don't worry about open connections, if you've ever seen other units they are the same way. These units are well grounded and should cause no problems as long as the connections are not modified. If you are afraid of tank units, think for a while about how a fuel pump works........

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't worry about open connections, if you've ever seen other units they are the same way. These units are well grounded and should cause no problems as long as the connections are not modified. If you are afraid of tank units, think for a while about how a fuel pump works........
i was just making sure, both me and my father have never done this before so we were unsure if it was right, but i'm willing to trust what u guys say, cuz u know more bout these cars then i do

·
Registered
307 Posts
i had to replace mine and i was worried about all those wires too man. me and my car are still here so its safe....for now! lol

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hondakillerZX said:
i had to replace mine and i was worried about all those wires too man. me and my car are still here so its safe....for now! lol
ok cool i'll change my sensor then prolly when i'm awake but i jsut got done wiht my stereo and shit so i'm goin to bed then my auto tech class at 9am

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SanMarcosZfreak said:
ok cool i'll change my sensor then prolly when i'm awake but i jsut got done wiht my stereo and shit so i'm goin to bed then my auto tech class at 9am
OH THANK GOD!!!! lol i put the new one in, had to convince it to go in a lil, but i now know how much gas i have!! thanks everyone for the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts