Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know if anyone has tried this yet but I put an unorthodox racing 91-94 SE-R water pump pulley on my 97 1.6 tonight and it works awesome. Only modification I had to do was get a longer belt by about 1/2". Gonna try the se-r alternator pulley next week and see how that goes.

William

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looks like youre gunna have to explain how you did that one buddy, and youre gunna have to dyno your ride:D

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was easy, took me about an hour just because I had to get someone to run me to get the belt :) The pulley bolted right to the water pump without a problem.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What about the underdrive pulley, can a UR underdrive pulley from GA16 be fitted onto an SE-R, are these switchable too? Im sure that I should get the SE-R pulleys but I cant afford them and already have a pulley for my GA16 that I might sell.

·
Registered
351 Posts
se-r and 1.6 crankshaft diameters are probably different. that's a pretty good news I guess that waterpump pulley fit though. I think you should email UR and sentra.net staff so they could research it and maybe dyno... waterpump for se-r is larger then stock to prevent waterpump cavitation at high rpms... whether that is beneficial for GA16 would be interesting to find out

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I don't believe the 1.6L pulley will fit the 2.0 by looking at it.

I took the car out last night and really got on her, it never got above normal temperature, and I can feel a difference, it revs a lot smoother and pickup is a lot better. I can't wait to try the alternator.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
the 1.6 L motor cannot fit the SE-R Crank Pulley.. the water pump and everything else is fine. ( im guessing)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm gonna have to follow this, if it works without downfall, I might do it too. Why didn't someone think of this before?:eek: :D

·
Nissan Fanatic since 1999
308 Posts
So from what I see hear, you CAN put the WATER PUMP pulley on the 1.6 from the 2.0? If so can I get the part # for the pulley and the belt?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
No problems yet Will? Keep us updated. :)

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
SentraDragon said:
What about the underdrive pulley, can a UR underdrive pulley from GA16 be fitted onto an SE-R, are these switchable too? Im sure that I should get the SE-R pulleys but I cant afford them and already have a pulley for my GA16 that I might sell.
how much u want for the pulley??
also from wha ti read while back there was no gains with other pullies on a ga motor that is why ur only came out with one

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bickmade / Xtreme: I have a bunch of the pullies coming in, they should be here today. I want to double check part #'s and i'll post up details / prices today.

Andre: No problems, she runs like a champ.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts