Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the SE-R UR alternator pulley. Everything turned out awesome, install was fairly easy, had to remove the alternator, not too complicated. Used the stock Gates belt # for the UR crank pulley, didn't have to buy a longer one this time.

SOTP feels great, it's starting to rev VERY fast and extremely smooth now. Next issue, UR power steering pulley :)

For a list of all my mods to-date you can find them at:
http://www.importdisplay.com/?site=member.php3&id=10

·
Registered
351 Posts
cool.. so se-r waterpump and alternator pulleys fit 1.6? doesn't matter whether b13 or b14 right..

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm testing on my 97, but as far as I know, they should be the same on the B13 too.

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
that is the aftermarket pully set from UR right? It will fit the 1.6? hows is it working? I know I can get pulleys through stillen, but Im gonna assume that the ones for the 2.0l arent the same diameter right?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Todd,
Yes it is UR. And yes, they do fit the 1.6, I have the crank pulley, water pump pulley and alternator pulley on my 97 1.6L right now. Working great without any problems. The pullies are bigger than stock, but that's the purpose of underdriving.

Let me know if you want them, I can get you a better deal than $tillen...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SO wait, a waterpump pulley fro a 2.0 is the same as the 1.6? The same with the other pullies, minus of course the crank pulley?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, that's right. I'm trying the power steering next.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just want to say THANK YOU! This is one of the many questions I have always had. But nobody could answer. This kicks ass.

·
Registered
117 Posts
wglenn said:
The pullies are bigger than stock, but that's the purpose of underdriving.
I thought this was the pulley I've been searching for..... But it's not since in underdrives and will make the alternator less efficient. As in it would require more RPMs to get the alternator to max out. What I wanted before was the smaller diameter alternator pulley but I will just be happy with my mechman alternator.

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
hey sherb, how much did you get that alternator for? Im gonna go ahead and replace mine, so I was looking for one that was like 90 amp or so. I wanted something a little stronger then stock but not HUGE. Is the mechman pretty good-

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think it was around $400 for mine. Last I checked, it came in 150, 175, 200 amps. Don't bother trying to use the SR20 alternator because it will not fit....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts