Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Can I get some recommendations on upholstery and carpet cleaning techniques and products?
I see a lot of threads about glass and exterior upkeep, but I don't see any on interior care.
Thanks!
Zorak Out

·
Registered
789 Posts
For your carpet just use a steam cleaner....thats pretty much it. You can do what I do ( ghetto style )....and buy the steam cleaning solution or use a light mix of simple green..

Mix the cleaner/solvent with hot water in a spray bottle.....spray/coat your carpet really well....get a good brush and just start scrubbing.....once your satisfied, grab ur handy dandy wet/dry shop vac and suck up all the fluid....repeat, and finally spray it with just water....scrub with a clean brush or the prior brush just rinsed out welll, and again suck up all the fluid. let air dry and ur done. Or use an actual steam cleaner, same damn thing.

As far as seats, if they're leather ( http://nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=105758 )
If the seats are cotton, just vacumm them all the time, and if already fairly clean scotch guard them.

Vinyl and what not, just use a terry cloth and really hot water ( not boiling ) and wipe down with some elbow grease, then after is drys go over with a detail product like armor all , I personally only use meguairs, but armour all works really well, and leaves it super shiny.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can use many methods for cleaning your carpets such as vacuuming, washing the carpets with detergents or soap and shampoos. Bicarbonate soda can also be used for stains. But since carpets are of different textures and materials therefore, it is advisable to take the help of professionals. They know the correct chemicals and methods to be used according to the material of your carpet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can use many methods for cleaning your carpets such as vacuuming, washing the carpets with detergents or soap and shampoos. Bicarbonate soda can also be used for stains. But since carpets are of different textures and materials therefore, it is advisable to take the help of professionals. They know the correct chemicals and methods to be used according to the material of your carpet.
i agree :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts