Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nissan Guru
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded from Silvania Silverstars( very good halogens), to Super White High Wattage(Xenon Gas) 80/100 watt super white/blue, Simulated HID litghts (for off road use only:) ) Xenon Equivalent Brilliance 130 from ARC.

Do i need to change relays or anything to make them brighter. they are bright but can the stock altinator handle it ok, or do i need to change something else?

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
well consider that higher wattage output will cause higher operating temperatures, so i suggest to use other 65/55w simulated hid lights which wouldn't risk burning up the connectors, and as for the alternator, it's not too much of a load, it's just when you notice the rpm's slightly go up to accomodate the load.........

·
Nissan Guru
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
these are the lowest wattage i could find, are you talking about the connector on the back of the light

·
Banned
809 Posts
man, i really dont see a diff... ive used over 4 diff. brands hyperwhite, all claiming either 65/70 100/150 etc etc.. and they always look the same to me...

·
Registered
393 Posts
i burned the wiring harness on the b12 w/ higher-wattage hyper whites. id stick w/ the sylvanias, since they use stock wattage.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah, be careful when upgrading to high wattage bulbs! I buned one connector and shorted the wires doing that. I still have a problem off and on when I use my turn signals. The headlights will blink out and come back on :eek: I can't seem to be able to find the short in the system :mad: To protect yourself, upgrade your wire gauge and try to find better connectors. This is probably why some put them in and don't notice a big difference in brightness. I guess. Joel

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
even if you upgrade the harness to the headlight connector, you'll end up burning the next weakest link, ie, the relay, then to the relay harness to the switch, and to the fuse, just go on upstream from here, although a resistor inline the harness would decrease current needs, it might dim the lights........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts