Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searching on ebay i found a really nice tri-y header for the truck. will upgrading to that and maybe 2 1/2 exhaust make a difference. my 93 4x4 seem to lose get up and go around 3500 rpm at 1/2 or less throttle. i removed the saucer filter and added tubing to eliminate the air box and run a cone filter. it made a difference at first but it seems to be lacking again for some reason. what else should i look at. also, how do i tell what tell dist. this thing has? i replaced plugs wires and rotor but i cant change cap cause a) it has never been changed since 93 so i know the screws holding are gonna break and b) every auto parts store i went to want know if it has the hitachi or mitsubishi distributor. any help would be greatly appreciated. oh yeah and im new to this forum after alot of googling i found this place. 2.4 engine by the way

·
Registered
201 Posts
prob the hitachi...says on the cap. i bet the screws will come on out...and 3.5k sounds like your o2 cen

·
Registered
6 Posts
The manufacturer stamps the part number on the side of the distributor, you may have to remove some heavy dirt but stamped in the metal you will see 2 lines of numbers. The bottom being
#22100-40F00 Hitachi or
#22100-40F10 Mitsubishi equipped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts