Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finaly after all these technical difficulties and such i got my 17's on (Motegi Mr7's)

Here are the pics you have been waiting for

Tell me what you think

ps. any of you that have lowered your b13 with sprint, intrax, and sportlines youll run into some difficulties with 17x7 rims. i had to roll over my left side fenter and bang in some extra stuff on both sides so it didnt rub. Also the fronts will rub on the guards when you turn really sharp (its not that bad).

Hope you like

CORY

·
Registered
638 Posts
They look really nice bro. Good choice on the gun metal finish. What brand tires are you running, dam 17's look huge on a b13... :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Looks good

Real good. You know I've been waiting for these pictures! Yeah, what type of tires are you running? Didn't you say you were going to throw on some Kumho's? They do look pretty big, but it just makes me wanna get them even more! Did you feel any acceleration difference and/or what was it like over bumps? Pretty rough ride? About your fender rub, my friend totally took out his inner wheel well so he could drop it all the way with his adjustabels (6" max, HUGE drop, doesn't ride with it like that, he just wanted to see what it would look like) So anyways, he rubbed at first but doesn't anymore. Do you think I should go with 17's or 16's? Do you think the tires would be the same sidewall height? (205/40-17/16). Because I want to run some low-pro's for the good looks. Once again, looks real good!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you should go with 17's just cause they look nicer. People say they hurt your performance and all but i figure i dont street race or anything so why not have some looks while crusing and when i go to the track slap on my stockers right. Performance the brakes work better, steering way more responsive, acceleration slower but not a whole lot. Eaither way if you get 16's or 17's you should go with a 205/40/** A 205/40/17 is actually bigger than the stock for b13's. A 205/40/16 would be closer to the over all diamater. The rubbing is not bad just take a hammer and vise grip and roll over the inside fenders in the back and you should be fine. Any way good luck.

CORY

·
Registered
547 Posts
You think there's any way you could get anymore pictures? Sorry for asking but I was just seeing if I could get a closer look! I think next week I'm going up to Pep Boys, grab the wheels, and order the tires online! Then I'm just going to wait to get some springs that should hold me over until I get my REAL suspension!! I'm pumped up. What tires you guys reccomend? (205/40-?? btw...either 16 or 17 definately)? I'm looking at either Nitto NT450's or NT555's real close. Anything else you guys reccomend?

·
Registered
638 Posts
I hear from alot of guys that Nitto 450's just plain suck. I would look into some Kumho's, i have some Falken ze-502 tires on my car and i like them. Either way stay away from the 450's...:)

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Jokerluv said:
*color code scratched from door*
Crazy, same here! Must be something about silver Sentras. Next time I take something to the bodyshop to be painted, I'll ask them.

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
for tires: either Kuhmo Ecsta 712s or Falken ZE 512. i've got the falkens and they are bad ass.

it looks really good man, gunmetal all the way, but stock was 13" or 14", and a 205/40 would be really good.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
looks good
those rims would really lok nice on my aztec red
but oh well, done moddin the b13

P

·
0 Posts
nice and clean yo I like it. But I would also agree on the kumo's. I've had both kumo's and falken's,and the kumo's lasted longer.In fact I still have them on and tire wear is outstanding.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Nice! I wish I was running 17s for show. Too bad I cracked a set of 17s the first week I had them, then I bent a set of 16s a month after I had them all because of the roads around here. Don't ya'll think 40 series is kinda low? I'm running 15" rims with 195/50s and I think they're just right.

What do ya'll think about this:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts