Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im new to these forums and have a 91 nx 1600. just recently my car started to make this weird grinding noise whenever i would turn the wheel about half way and start to drive i.e right turn lol. i dont know what it is? maybe something in between the brakes or in the wheel? any help is appreciated! thanks :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
hi guys im new to these forums and have a 91 nx 1600. just recently my car started to make this weird grinding noise whenever i would turn the wheel about half way and start to drive i.e right turn lol. i dont know what it is? maybe something in between the brakes or in the wheel? any help is appreciated! thanks :)
Wheel bearings shot maybe??? just a suggestion based on your info:balls:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know for sure its not the axle. wheel bearings is a possibility because i got new tires put on and they said my PASSENGER side wheel bearing is getting loose. but it sounds like it is coming from the driver side so maybe that one is aswell?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Heres a fun little tip.
"When bearings do complain the noise is usually speed-specific—the noise varies according to the speed of the spinning wheel in which it is contained. Clicks, rumbles and groans that vary with vehicle speed may indicate a bearing that has lost its ability to handle the load. Another good way to check wheel bearings without disassembly is to jack the wheel in question up off the ground, grab it from both the top and the bottom, and attempt to move it. There should be very little or no movement at all."

Easy to check the bearing. Just try to push and pull the wheel.

Just remember google is your friend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot kizer. yes the noise does happen at varying speeds usually below 40kmh when braking or turning. this all makes sense now i will check those out. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
my friend had a breaing go out and he had bad gas mileage car pulled to the left, left bearing bad wheel moved back and forth but barely turned

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check the ps fluid for sure. I had a leak and didnt notice till it was making a similar noise. Kind of a groan when I would turn at low and med speeds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts