Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting a little tired of driving my SE-R that last couple days. I'm having a rough time shifting into each gear. Sometimes I have to clutch twice to get into a gate. Sometimes, I have to using whole body weight into 1st gear. Also, my clutch is starting to grind a little. So, do I need a new shifter bushin or something? Is that going to help?

When I floor the car in the same gear that I'm crusing in, the shifter moves about a 1/2 inch, almost looks like it could pop out. But I haven't had the 5th gear pop out ever. Could that be a sign why it's sooo rough? Thanks

Ppeace
CMo

·
Banned
118 Posts
...clutch......clutch......clutch......clutch......clutch......clutch......clutch......clutch......clutch......clutch......clutch......clutch......clutch......clutch.....clutch.......clutch...

...as fot the shifter moving...it's most likely because your engine mounts are broken...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? I believe you, but even when i press the clutch pedal all the way, the clutch isn't in play, right? No? Well, I need to replace it anyways. Anyways, should I get the shifter bushings replaced too? Will it improve any "feel"?

I was driving my friends Intergra GS-R and that thing shifts soo perfectly. That's what I want. NEver personally kneew any other manual except Sally (my SE-R). Coo coo. Thanks

Ppeace
CMo

Z

·
0 Posts
Short shifter + ES shifter bushing = super sweet shifting experience. Short throws that feel like they're in a gated shifter.

·
Registered
152 Posts
dont mean to sound stupid or anything, but ive got what sounds like the same problem. hes having trouble getting from neutral to 1st at a dead stop and its the clutch? sometimes the only way for me to get into 1st is to let the clutch out a bit while trying to put it in gear, so i guess that would kindof make sense.

Z

·
0 Posts
Sounds like it might be a clutch problem to me. have you tried adjusting the cable?

·
Registered
38 Posts
If it is difficult to get into to gear it could also be the tranny syncros. Try adjusting your clutch cable like mentioned before. If th eproblem still exsist after doing that it may be a internal problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts