Nissan Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
what's the update w/ the UR pulley?
is it worth the money?

i have a ga16, auto. and wanted to get a flywheel but autos don't have them... soo that leaves me with the pulley.. wondering if i could get an update of how it is working so far for some of you guys.

·
Registered
258 Posts
for the price of it, its worth the money. i realize a difference when it came to reving the most, that it rev faster than stock. plus its much more lighter.

·
Slashie
394 Posts
I honestly didn't think it was worth it. There are a lot of other cool things you could get for 200-something dollars. (Like a cool new deck, (alpine 9830s are on sale at crutchfield-free shipping), subs, tail lights, rims, etc.) I would get the shocks and stuff first before the pulley.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm Slow said:

i already read up on that :loser:

i was just asking, if people thought the buy was really worth it. So far 1/1,. still doesn't convince me on buying the product,.. but i'll get it anyways after i upgrade the suspension. I was just wondering if I should get it now

I only brought this old thread up again cuz it was already on the subject. Pointless to be like other people who make new threads, only to learn that the subject was already brought up.

So, i say again,..

What was everyone's impression on the UR pulley?

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
You're paying 160, for 4-5 HP in the mid range, headers cost 400 for 7-9 hp.

I'd say it's a very worthy mod, to be able to have AC going without any noticeable loss on acceleration, and to be able to rev easier.. plus the money for the HP ratio is very good. Might as well replace the front seal while you're down there installing the pulley. It's a nice mod. You should get it. What more do you want? It's all up to you.

·
Registered
306 Posts
other than already having the stromung setup, with hotshot cai and header.. i was wondering about the UR pulley

seems to be a good buy.. thx everyone for your input. :cheers:

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't have it and would still suggest it. I understand the people saying it wasn't what they expected but just realize it's not going to be that amazing. Traveling this weekend with the AC on a could only think about having one of these. Every time I wanted to pass I would have to turn the AC off until I got around them. From what I hear with the pulley I would not have to do that. It's also something people do after the I/H/E at which point it would be more noticable. If you want to do it first then realize that each item you add you get to feel a little bit more.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The pulley is a good mod. And if you have the tools the install is fast and painless. I did it easy with the wrong tools. I feel the car pull better in the mid range. I am not a fan of A/C, but I still notice a bit of lag when turning the bitch on. But it's no big deal. I definitely reccomend the mod.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts