Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Shift_for_Brains
89 Posts
Well I just got off the phone with joe @ UR and he said that the pulley did show signs of the lights dimming at long periods of idle. but that the pulley was only underdriven by 20% so the only problems if any were experienced during idle. And the only problem that they have experienced was on the SR20 and that was that the water pump would cavitate, but he assured me that that problem has been resolved. He also stated that there has been no real problems with the pulleys wearing out bearings or crankshafts prematurely

F

·
0 Posts
So can we geat a group buy going for this and if so how much will it run ?

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
there was a gb on this already.

depending on how much demand and stuff i might do another one.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
on honda engines, they are not internally balanced, and when someone did a crank pulley with a lightweight flywheel install on a b16, the poor engine vibrated so bad they had to can the pulley and keep the flywheel, but on nissan engines, those mods don't do more harm than good, but the compressor does cycle longer because it spins slower, i still have to hook up my manifold gauges to see my a/c's operating pressures on both the high and low sides......

·
Registered
47 Posts
addictednissan said:
i did and love it you definetly feel the difference in power its not that expensive think it is about $170 or so i highly recommend
:D
on the AC thing they make it so you can be an everyday driver and use your AC but i dont use my AC cause the damn compressor is broken and waiting for it not to be on back order:(
but it shouldn't affect it
I was wondering where you picked up your pulley. I have been looking for one and they all seem to be quite pricey. 170 is the best I have heard.

·
Faster! FASTER!!!
291 Posts
^n00b

i just love it when threads come back from the dead

just kidding, bud. I personally have never bought a ur pulley, but I've seen crazy low prices with group buys. maybe you'd wanna check those out...

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
HoloSkull said:
^n00b

i just love it when threads come back from the dead

just kidding, bud. I personally have never bought a ur pulley, but I've seen crazy low prices with group buys. maybe you'd wanna check those out...
LOL. Sad but true. However, I'd suggest asking in the section for your motor considering you have a Spec V with the QR25DE motor and this section is for the GA16DE motor which have different pulley's and different prices. The one listed above for $125 is for the ga16de. However, check that site and you should find one for your motor but most likely will have a higher price tag

Mitch

·
Slashie
394 Posts
In case anybody cares, I've had my pulley for about 6 months now, with no problems. I did tighten the belts to tight and fried the bearings in my alternator.

As far as power goes, it added a little bit, but not a whole lot. (At least not what I was expecting.) The AC doesn't blow as cold as it used to either. If I had it to do over again, I think I would go for some cams or something...

·
**best avatar award**
2,596 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
UR pulley Ga16de

sentra2nr said:
or does it mean that the UR underdrive pulley doesnt generate enough rpms to keep the various systems stable. Can someone call UR and get an opinion on this. I want to know that if I go out and get one that my car will still run efficiently and properly.
I got one on my 97 200sx se ga16de and I noticed a decent gain in power,
the engine revs more rapidly (not much more but more) and it accelerates better as well.
The Underdriving does weaken the subsystems, ie. the AC. My AC is a 97 original that was re-charged once. It gets cold as long as the car is moving,
but at a dead stop (idle) in the sun it warms back up.
Keep in mind I live in arizona and this is summer so at a dead stop in rush hour the temp outside the car (and off the street) is like 120-130F because of the damn asphalt. The ambient is like 106F in the shade so I think if you live anywhere buy here or death-valley or some other desert it should do fine.
If anyone has the JWT flywheel matched with the UR pulley as well let me know how you like it, I just got the JWT flywheel and need to install it but I'm in the dark as to if the car will still be streetable?
Am I gonna peel all the time or have to rev really high off of idle?
Or is it less noticable of a difference?

·
What's in your wallet?
2,640 Posts
^a lightened flywheel allows the engine to spool up and down quicker. the car will still be streetable.

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
slow_sentra322 said:
^a lightened flywheel allows the engine to spool up and down quicker. the car will still be streetable.
Yeah, but I think his worry was how hard to drive. My guess is it will hard at first but will take some getting use to. I don't have that but hopelly will in the 93 Sentra I bought by Christmas.

Mitch

·
Registered
96 Posts
sno said:
one is for the b13 and the other is for the b14. they need to be different because the belts are ran differently between the two generations of ga16de.
then which 1 is suitable for mine? running on GA16DS...who got email contact for the pully?

cant find any contact in their website

21 - 40 of 52 Posts