Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. New to the forum, and my wife has an 03 Altima 3.5 SL. Been having problems with the output speed sensor. But in diagnosing the problem I unplugged this sensor and it seemed to offset the issue. Anyway, trying to figure out what it is that I'm unplugging. I've been researching for 2 weeks and I still can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,160 Posts
What you're looking at in that second picture is the terminal cord assembly connector. There are three sensors located near the top of the tranny case with two of them closer to the firewall. The vehicle speed sensor is toward the front of the case; the revolution and the turbine revolution sensors are located towards the back of the case. Probably easier to access them from the top of the engine compartment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you're looking at in that second picture is the terminal cord assembly connector. There are three sensors located near the top of the tranny case with two of them closer to the firewall. The vehicle speed sensor is toward the front of the case; the revolution and the turbine revolution sensors are located towards the back of the case. Probably easier to access them from the top of the engine compartment.
So the sensor that the "terminal cord assembly" plugs into is what exactly? I'm just trying to find out as much as i can because I stopped taking my cars to mechanics a long time ago. But I've never owned a Nissan and when the wife bought this one I told her I wouldn't be doing the work to it. We'll needless to say, I'm doing the work to it and now that I've noticed this particular sensor is indirectly related to the problem she is having, I have to know what it is because it's an 8 pin connection and I can't find it ANYWHERE

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts