Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of painting pieces of my interior and came up w/ an idea but wanted info. first. I wanted to paint the passenger side airbag panel along the line thingie in the middle (I have no idea how to discribe it but if you have one you know what I mean). Anyway, is possible to simply remove the panel (i.e. w/ a flathead screwdriver)? Will this set off the airbag and/or totally screw up the mechanism? Is there another way of removing it? Kind of a strange question but any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
OH SH** --I was thinking and I tried the same thing when I was taking apart my car... I think that piece painted would complete my interior ..

I actually took a flat head to it and played with it--It seemed like if I tried hard enuff it would come off but then I chickened out....I didnt want to mess anything up UKNOW

SO I guess I have the same question.........????

·
USACI here I come
440 Posts
Air bag cover

The cover is affixed some how towards the back. It flips open when the air bag goes off. (I found this out when my 200sx was toatled out) I however don't know if there is anyway to remove it without taking the whole upper dash apart and removing the whole airbag asembly.

N

·
0 Posts
Discountect the battery before you mess with it. At least it won't go off if you do that.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
DAMN I cant believe no one on here as actually done it...I d like to know how to go about doing this.....

·
Registered
722 Posts
why bother? just tape a old sheet, newspapers or what ever around everything else around it(make sure you get that windshield too) and paint it in the car. a lot of prep work but a lot safer than fucking with the airbag.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
superfro86 said:
why bother? just tape a old sheet, newspapers or what ever around everything else around it(make sure you get that windshield too) and paint it in the car. a lot of prep work but a lot safer than fucking with the airbag.
Do U realize the risk of doing this?!?!?!? I mean I guess it could be done but it would be so risky---Id luv to do it though....:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts